General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

First wound.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 AM

First wound.....

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later..... Coming in to work today, I was behind a silver Accord about to make a right turn. I looked and she looked like she was making her turn, so I truned my head to see if traffic for me was clear. Saw a car coming, so I prepared to stop. Then I stopped, but it was the silver Accord that stopped me..... So I backed up a few feet, hit the flashers and got out. She got out also. Very low spped impact, maybe 5 mph. We looked over our bumpers and I could see where the right front bumper "pad" hit her. She rubbed her hand over her bumper and said it looked fine to her..:surprised I looked at mine and I can see the scuff on the "bump pad". Nothing major, granted it's 6 am. She looks at my lanyard around my neck which has my ID card and building key card. She asked me "Cobb Co?"... And pulls a similiar setup from her belt loop. I said no, GSA. She said she was find and that I looked more shocked than she felt. She said have a nice day and got in her car and left. So I did the same. She only went a block down the road and turned right into an elementary school, teacher I guess. I made my normal left at that same light. Took a closer look when I got to work, still can't tell much. But guess I will be doing some buffing this weekend. Supposed to be raining most of the day today, so won't get a chance when I get home. No names or anything exchanged.

I know, I got off lucky.

But still it's .

Hope everyone elses Friday started better.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:49 AM

Smile Some Times We Luck Out

So sorry to hear about your unlucky ride to work. Like you have stated a little work will take care of any marks. Could have been a lot more damage.
Good Luck Solman98
Old 02-27-2009, 11:10 AM

Sorry to hear that! At least the lady wasn't really mad or anything!