General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Fobs/ keyless entry...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
You ordering a Dorman fob ?
not sure which ones ill end up with...lol
Old 05-09-2021, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gearhead1
Key fob still working excellent.
Question about remote start....after the car is locked by the fob, i can press and hold remote start and the car will crank.....i can repeat....2x.... then it wont crank again for X amount of time then i can unlock it and lock right back with fob.....same thing, 2X....is that normal?
If it starts with the key but crank no start with the fob, that’s not normal. But I don’t think that’s what you’re asking. You can’t start it over and over with the remote. Only 2 or 3 times, didn’t remember which. After that, the tails will flash but it won’t even crank. If start and stop it with the key it will let you remote start again. Or maybe wait; how long may be in the manual. Anyway, it sounds like that’s what you’re seeing, and it’s normal and intentional, to protect the car from operator stubbornness, I suppose. It may be the same logic in the program that only lets you re-remote start once or twice.

You don’t need to hold the button down until it starts. Just a couple seconds initiates the start sequence, even if you let go a split second before it begins to crank. Definitely let go once it starts to crank. Follow the instructions in the owners manual.

Also, don’t remember if this was already mentioned but certain OBD codes will disable remote start. If the tails flash but it won’t try to start, check for codes.