General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 09:00 AM

Question fog lights

Hi all,
I have a 2011 HHR and it doesn't have the fog lights down at the bottom of the front bumper.. I know you can buy them but can anyone tell me if the wiring for adding them is already in place or do you have to add the wiring as well as the light?
Thanks for your help

Bob
Old 05-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member

If you do a search for "fog light wiring", the first post will give you some good info. It depends on the model.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Premium Member

when i did mine, there was no wiring at all...so i bought a kit off ebay that came with the wiring and switch etc. You also have to be careful about it too since the BCM may not have been programmed to know what the fog lights are, so thats a dealer thing so they will charge you for an hours labour to reprogram and might charge you for just checking and finding out that you cant reprogram. So best bet would be to buy a kit from say Ebay and do the wiring and switch yourself...just bypass the bcm etc. Others have done it on here that way, just search the forums as whopper suggested to do
Old 05-02-2014, 01:59 PM

Sounds like you have the LS model? In which case you won't have the wiring Bob.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 AM

Thumbs up thank you

Thank you for the responses. Much appreciate your input

Bob
Old 05-21-2014, 07:16 PM

As others have said, search this site it has wealth of information and many helpful members. Take your time, do it right you will be pleased with the results. I just finished my 08 ls using a non-factory wiring avoiding the BCM entirely. I used an add a circuit fuse box fuse connector for the relay coil circuit to a lighted rocker switch in the place where the factory switch goes. The switch is round and fits the hole almost perfectly in the factory opening in the radio/climate control bezel. Had to remove some plastic from the bracket behind the bezel to make room for the switch after removing factory plugs. Not factory, but looks very good. Purchased lights from E-Bay and switch from Auto Zone. I have part numbers if you wish, let me know. Hardest part I had was getting wire from cab thru firewall. Finally used the the boot around the gearshift cable carefully routing it away from the exhaust. Good luck, plenty people to help you here. Just my two cents worth. Rettch