General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Front Hood Cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 08:54 AM

Front Hood Cover

Has anyone purchased & installed the front hood bra yet? I've seen a number of posts here about paint chips on the rear quarter panel on HHR's without running boards, and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem with chips on the hood from road crap thrown up from other vehicles. My dealer is quoting me a price of $95.00 for the bra, which seems reasonable.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:08 AM

I had a black H come up from behind me on I-95 the other day and I couldn't quite make out the model. the bra seemed to cover the top part of the chrome grille. When it got closer I could see it was an H. The bra looked good and gave it a distinctive look imo. The price you quoted seems real resonable. I may check into one.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:10 AM

Most of us in here will say no to a bra. There is the one pro that if a rock hits where the bra is it wont be as bad. But there are tons of downsides. Tiny pieces of dirt will get underneath it and rub inbetween the paint and the bra actually doing more damage than good. Also, you leave it on there for a few years without taking it off and go to sell it your hhr is gonna have a tan line.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by adamlowery
Most of us in here will say no to a bra. There is the one pro that if a rock hits where the bra is it wont be as bad. But there are tons of downsides. Tiny pieces of dirt will get underneath it and rub inbetween the paint and the bra actually doing more damage than good. Also, you leave it on there for a few years without taking it off and go to sell it your hhr is gonna have a tan line.
All good points to consider for any bra application. The bra for the H looks better than most I have seen. If you live in a town like Colorado Springs for instance, a bra would be worth the money. They are working on almost all the roads there and the trash thrown on the car is amazing!!!