General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Front License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Founding Member

When dealers order vehicles GM automatically adds the VK3 option for the front license bracket in all states that require front license plates. So if you live in one of those states the dealer should have installed the bracket or it should of been in the vehicle at the very least. I am in Texas and when we dealer trade a vehicle from Oklahoma we have to purchase the bracket for the customer.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
I can't tell you anything about the exhaust upgrade up here but the front license plate frame is an extra cost up here in Canada. Most provinces, if not all, require a front license plate with the exception of Alberta. I think that's why it's an extra cost (or it might just be GM milking us for all we are worth.) I'm glad that we don't have front plates because it makes the front end look bad.
Mine came in a plastic bag with the floor mats and anntena and is still in the bag because it is big and ugly it came with the car free of charge.I told the sales man if that thing is on my car when I come to pick it up they will be ordering me a new bumper cover.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by GTOMIKE
Mine came in a plastic bag with the floor mats and anntena and is still in the bag because it is big and ugly it came with the car free of charge.I told the sales man if that thing is on my car when I come to pick it up they will be ordering me a new bumper cover.
LOL, maybe a little excessive, no? You could just take it off.
It comes at no cost here in ontario when you buy the vehicle, not listed on options or on my bill of sale.
As far as buying one afterwards, yep im sure there is a charge. Same as all the accessories listed on the canadian website its just the part, installation costs are extra. So that exhaust system isnt $807 on the vehicle.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by prod
LOL, maybe a little excessive, no? You could just take it off.
It comes at no cost here in ontario when you buy the vehicle, not listed on options or on my bill of sale.
You could take off the front mount but then you have two holes drilled into your bumper, not a nice look.
I'm surprised that you guys in Ont get that for free, if I wanted one it's an option and it costs $15. It's not a lot of money or difference but it goes to show you how us Albertan's are always getting shafted!!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:50 PM

Front tag bracket is a no charge item here in the US if your state requires one. (at least the 06 model year, anyway). Just looked on my window sticker. Maybe someone can look on their 07 or 08 stickers to see if that has changed since 06?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jeffs396
Front tag bracket is a no charge item here in the US if your state requires one. (at least the 06 model year, anyway). Just looked on my window sticker. Maybe someone can look on their 07 or 08 stickers to see if that has changed since 06?
I think ChevyMgr gave this same information in his post. I would think he's in a position to make a correct statement.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Mine came on the car,,it was listed as an option , but no charge.... I think that's a law in Maine seeing as you have to have two plates.......motorhead
Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM

I will ask the dealer. Just contemplating whether to put my Harley Davidson plate on or not. It was a gift from my brother and it has been on all my other vehicles.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
You could take off the front mount but then you have two holes drilled into your bumper, not a nice look.
I'm surprised that you guys in Ont get that for free, if I wanted one it's an option and it costs $15. It's not a lot of money or difference but it goes to show you how us Albertan's are always getting shafted!!
Gosh, youre right, I never thought of that since Ive never seen a new car without one. You mean there arent any holes there either? In that case I would demand a new bumper cover.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:51 PM

Mine came with the car, but was not installed when I took possession ofthe car. When I went in to get my oil changed 3 months later they put it on for me as Colorado requires a front plate. There are not holes per se on the front bumper w/o it, but it is dimpled in where the plate bracket gets mounted.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Bracket