General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Full of Holes!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Deceased

Exclamation Full of Holes!

Well the other half is shopping for an HHR panel, so we've been looking for a couple of days, and its been interesting to say the least. This afternoon we headed out to look at a red '07 LS about 15 miles from home. It looked really nice as we pulled Paddy onto the lot, shiny and detailed with that "come buy me gleam". Looking at the outside all seemed well, no dings, some loading scratches on the rear bumper, and a bit of rock rash on the back doors...all expected for 82k on the clock.

Now things get weird, I understand that panels get used commercially, its expected. But this poor critter had been the victim of some twit who got themselves a new cordless drill for their birthday! I counted 12 holes drilled in the dash, 15 in each door panel, and a total of 72 holes drilled in the rear trim panels. I have no idea what the former owner had mounted, shelves, racks, bins, cabinets, or some strange electronics for tracking the alien invasion of Carolina(they never came). I tried to get some cellphone pics, and if I can boost the contrast enough to show lots of 3/16" holes on Armour All gooped black plastic I will, but I have never seen a vehicle so utterly perforated outside of a firing range.

I did honestly do some thinking about changing out the trim panels if the beautiful lady couldn't live without this critter, but thankfully she didn't want to spend money on a "mobile colander". So we're back to panel hunting, no hurry, at least I think there's no hurry....but she's got the fever!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Platinum Member

Wow !!! Now I will be wondering what kinda biz this was used (or abused) for.

Good that there seems to be no hurry.. It took me quite a while to find my 1 private owner, very lo-mile 2LT panel. Only 266 made for '08...

But glad I didn't just jump at the first one I saw. I sure did test drive each at every chance..& study the boards here..
Fact is I joined here Jan. 07 & didn't buy mine till Aug 29, '09

I wasn't in a hurry either..

Last edited by sleeper; 02-04-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Premium Member

If she is running a fever nice it's a HHR fever some of the other fevers our beloved brides run, can be so challenging to understand. Have you ever got that look with impending tears welling up,and she says you just don't understand.She is right we don't have the hormones required. Sorry if I regress Cohabitation with a menopausal woman is interesting to say the least.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Deceased

Michelle is a couple of year shy of the Big M, but I remember my Dad's descriptions of Mom's hormonal issues. He used to get home from work, open the front door, throw in a couple of raw steaks, and then wait for the growling to stop. For a while the weekly "your Mother has gone insane" calls were a highpoint of my week. I just found Michelle looking at custom wheels on the laptop so I'm thinking the panel that she eventually buys will be getting tricked out, I'm so proud.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Premium Member

She would probably like those custom order Asanti's I saw some wheels I liked today but they were rolling couldn't get a pic.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Deceased

She really likes the Euromax 612 chrome wheels that Graybeard999 is running, probably hard to find and expensive, but if she wants them....I'll find them.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:34 AM

07 was the first year for the panel I think 08 was the first year you could open the rear doors with the key fob.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Wow !!! Now I will be wondering what kinda biz this was used (or abused) for.

Good that there seems to be no hurry.. It took me quite a while to find my 1 private owner, very lo-mile 2LT panel. Only 266 made for '08...

But glad I didn't just jump at the first one I saw. I sure did test drive each at every chance..& study the boards here..
Fact is I joined here Jan. 07 & didn't buy mine till Aug 29, '09

I wasn't in a hurry either..
I did not know that I have such a rare car thats kinda cool.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 843de
She really likes the Euromax 612 chrome wheels that Graybeard999 is running, probably hard to find and expensive, but if she wants them....I'll find them.
843- Those are Sweet !!! But the Chrome ones were discontinued, I believe due to chroming issues. Greybeard may have more info about this.
Or just Google them..

Lucky-

Yes '08 was first year Panel rear-side doors could open with the fob, as well as the dash buttons.

& only 266 of the 2LT Panels made. (at least loaded the way mine came) I kinda like that as well...
Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
843- only 266 of the 2LT Panels made. (at least loaded the way mine came) I kinda like that as well...
I would like to know what qualifies a 2008 Panel as one of these "266"?

I recently bought a 2008 Panel, loaded with every option I've seen available except heated seats, which I dislike anyway. Always makes me think I soiled myself!

Quick Reply: Full of Holes!