General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Future HHR buyer, info wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:18 AM
jx3

I've had my 06 for over a year and a half and have not had any water leaks. So it does not appear that this is a generic problem affecting all HHRs.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bssgrl
I was in a car accident and had ended up getting a HHR for the rental and LOVED IT , not only that but have decided that I am interested in getting rid of my gas guzzling Outback and purchasing a HHR.

I found this forum, and have found it to be very informative. One question I do have is in regards to the 2007 model if this water leakage issue has been rectified. Are there any other major "bugs" that I should be on the lookout for?
I appreciate any feedback or info that you could pass on!
Welcome to the site. My guess is that the water leakage problem was an early on problem and it is possibly corrected.
Go to the search feature at the top of the home page and type in: Service issues, that should get you all the posts associated with all problems owners have found.
Good luck with your search for an HHR.......
Old 04-22-2007, 07:02 AM

Just Deer Issues for me!!!! Everything else is minor stuff that do not show up but in the blue moon thingie.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:13 AM

My build date was 07/04/05 35000+ no leaks, so if it was a early build thing I think I would have had it. This is a fun car with great MPG.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:13 AM

2000 Miles and No Problems

I've had my HHR since Feb 20 and now have 2000 miles on it. No problems what so ever. And yes rental cars are one of the best ads for the HHR. My GMC Jimmy was in the shop and wasn't finished on schedule so dealer rented me a car, an HHR. Loved it. As soon as I got my Jimmy back I started looking at what was available. Had to order mine, but an outstanding vehicle. The only problem is the gas mileage keeps getting better the more I drive it. Tough problem to deal with. Currently at 26.5 MPG mainly around town. A little highway driving but not much. Enjoy your HHR when you get it.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:58 PM

I've had my 2007 LS since February 28. No issues at all. Great car! I'm in love with my HHR! I got 3000 kms on it, no leak issues, and average about 30 to 32 mpg, but that is about 90% highway driving.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:11 PM

Greetings Everyone!

We saw our first Chevy HHR on a return trip from L.A. to Phoenix. One passed us up, then another, then another, each in a different color, and we thought... "What are those cute cars?!" As luck should happen, one pulled in just as we stopped to gas up our car. My hubby asked the man how he liked his car, and he said he didn't have a clue as it was a rental he'd just picked up and he knew nothing about it.

Okay, we started doing our homework on the Chevy HHR and decided that it's the right size to carry our camping gear....almost, and gets good gas mileage, which is a must for us. Not as good as our Saturn wagon, but not bad, and we knew we loved the old fashioned looks, being that we're a couple of oldies ourselves, so that pretty much made up our minds that the HHR would be our next car.

Three weeks ago we came home with a silver one (reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy wanted an orange one but they couldn't find one in a five speed, or acted like they couldn't). We are now in the process of trying to find a carrier for the back end because we know we're NOT paying eight hundred bucks to have Chevy put one on, that's a bit steep for us.

We are finding that some things are not placed in convenient places but all in all, we love our new HHR and are looking forward to many adventures in our Silver Streak!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Banned

What kind of carrier are you looking for?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:43 PM
jx3

Name:  Welcome-03-june.gif
Views: 10
Size:  28.2 KB
Old 04-23-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rrailwriter
Greetings Everyone! Three weeks ago we came home with a silver one Silver Streak!
Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 9
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! Nice name for your HHR!!!

Quick Reply: Future HHR buyer, info wanted