General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

G.M. really ignoring the HHR

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:13 PM

Just review local dealers inventory of HHRs. Vey few on their lots. My local dealer has had no HHRs in more than a month, just lots of trucks. Why advertise something that is unavailable.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Cavicchio
I don't see any advertising that includes the HHR now. I don't see it going past 2010
The HHR is being advertised in Canada but in the newspaper by the dealer with incentives. 3400 dollars off for cash, 1000 dollar Chevrolet loyality discount for another Chev in the driveway, up to 1500 dollar discount from GM-TD Visa Card earnings, discount for GM employee and family members, a government environmental rebate for a manual transmission. My 09 came at half price.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:23 AM
MCT

Gee, do you think the lack of money had anything to do with the outrageous salaries some of them were given, not made, but given??? Greed......, they were their own worst enemy.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by MCT
Gee, do you think the lack of money had anything to do with the outrageous salaries some of them were given, not made, but given??? Greed......, they were their own worst enemy.
I worked there and we were "top heavy"......and they still are.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by MCT
More....when I worked for GM (retired) they were making so much money back in the 80's & 90's and spending at the same time like drunken sailors, I always said if we ever go broke it would take 10 years to find out! I guess we finally found out. I remember the hierarchy being embarrassed to announce quarterly earnings. Flash forward to the 2000nds......GM in Oshawa just funded a 50 million dollar research center to a local university ......wind tunnel and the whole bit. Go figure..
Old 10-23-2009, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by MCT

The truth is no one is worth that kind of money but the big lie is that pay was the whole problem. It was only one small part.

You can not put this all on managment or Labor. They both share in the blaime along with many other factors. It was just the perfect mess.

GM had too many models, managers, plants, workers, vendors and too much of many other things.

The one thing they did not have enough of was buyers.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hyperv6
the truth is no one is worth that kind of money but the big lie is that pay was the whole problem. It was only one small part.

You can not put this all on managment or labor. They both share in the blaime along with many other factors. It was just the perfect mess.

Gm had too many models, managers, plants, workers, vendors and too much of many other things.

The one thing they did not have enough of was buyers.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:27 AM

Has the Car Czar authorized any commercials?