General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Gas Cap Door

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
In Jersey its state law that they pump it for you. Plus it gives people jobs
I did not know that? Yep agreed, a good way to give people jobs!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Banned

There are only two states that allow this. One is New Jersey and the other one is Oregon.
They don't give you any option of pumping your own gas? Like the attendant could stand there with a gun or something until you're done pumping.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned

Captain you must really live far up north. ah?
I have never been to New Jersey. I have known a few people from there but have never even drove through New Jersey on my way to a different state.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:53 PM

In Oregon they pump your gas for you unless its a classic car or motorcycle. Then you have the option to pump it yourself.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:11 PM

There are only two states that allow this. One is New Jersey and the other one is Oregon.
yepper, I used to by pass gas stations in Oregon when I lived in Washington. I don't like other people pumping my gas.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:47 AM

WOW what a difference, there is almost NOBODY in FLA to pump your gas. That went out many many moons ago. Most of the time they only have 1 clerk, if it's a big store then they will have 2 clerks but NOT anyone that would just pump gas.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by dan-d
yepper, I used to by pass gas stations in Oregon when I lived in Washington. I don't like other people pumping my gas.
I went to Oregon on vacation a few years back and I ask why it is against the law to pump your own gas. The attendant said it was because of liability. I guess too many gas tanks have caught on fire by other people pumping their own gas. Oregan has some strange laws anyway.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:25 AM

another plus to being paralyzed.Any station will pump for me but I still do it myself..
Old 03-22-2006, 07:41 AM

I always pump my own gas, and the door doesn't bother me one bit. I fuel up once a week at the most (I have no life and go nowhere). I may seek a locking cap if the prices keep going up. And I have driven through Jersey once on the way to Philly. I was quite surprised not only does the attendent pump your gas, but the prices were pretty much the same as self serve (Garden State Parkway).
Old 03-22-2006, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Holmes Hot Ride
I went to Oregon on vacation a few years back and I ask why it is against the law to pump your own gas. The attendant said it was because of liability. I guess too many gas tanks have caught on fire by other people pumping their own gas. Oregan has some strange laws anyway.
Yeah that liability answer is just a crock, they only have that law in place so that they can provide jobs. It's not so much that their a caring state, but more employed people means more taxes for the state, this helps compensate for the lack of sales taxes. My Dad is from Eugene, OR so we've been there quite a lot. Their property taxes are also out the roof.

Quick Reply: Gas Cap Door