General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

German HHR

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by HHRgermany
hi,
@solman98: i would try to send you some pfungstaedter, but i think there will be a problem with the american customs duty...
but have a look here: www.pfungstaedter.de
My German is very rusty, but thanks for the link. It's been years since I was there. I worked at Rhein Mein at the "roundhouse". It's a beautiful area. I loved traveling through Neu-Isenburg in the winter, especially around Christmas. It's something everyone should see at least once. That is one thing the Germans do very well compared to the US, Christmas. The secenery just looks like a postcard.

Of course there are plenty of other great things to see also. ANd plenty of place to have a great time, Sachsenhousen is a blast with all the pubs. . I worked with a crazy Irish gentleman (loosly used ) that took us on a night of exploring the area near the train station..... That is definately something you will never see in the US. That was a unique version of "window" shopping..... I mostly transported air crews so I got to see lots of the countryside and many castles. Loved my visit there.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:18 AM

Hey Thomas, you mentioned that your HHR has an LPG system in it. Was that ordered through GM as an option on the vehicle or was it an after market system? I knew that many vehicles have been retro-fitted to run on those types of systems in Europe. My uncle was showing me his system and it seems to work pretty well but it takes up a lot of trunk space (he has a sedan.) Is your system stored under the rear cargo floor?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:41 AM

for the autobahn: the max. speed of the HHR is 110 mph. not tooo fast. it is very loud inside the car.)
If you shift down into "I" gear, it will turn off the speed limiter. I had my 2.4 up to 120+.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:05 AM

Hello Thomas and WLECOME to the HHR family!

I am also named Thomas...and am a descendent of German farmers who came to the USA in the 1840's. I find it interesting to hear of the difficulty obtaining parts and accessories for American cars in your country and also the different regulations and restrictions.

Again...

p.s. for those who are interested in joining Thomas' forum listed in his first post, it's really quite easy to register even with no knowledge of German.

Last edited by Docwylie; 06-12-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added p.s.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:11 AM

hi,
@calgaryhhr: yes it is an official GM option and not an aftermarket system. the LPG tank replaces the spare tire.
@ GDZHHR: really??? i am a little afraid to try this, maybe the transmission will explode...

@solman98: ha, neu isenburg is only 10 miles from me. it is really nice.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:19 AM

hi,
@calgaryhhr: yes it is an official GM option and not an aftermarket system. the LPG tank replaces the spare tire.
@ GDZHHR: really??? i am a little afraid to try this, maybe the transmission will explode...

@solman98: ha, neu isenburg is only 10 miles from me. it is really nice.
no worries, people here have been doing it for a couple years now
Old 06-12-2008, 11:49 AM

I spent a tour at Rhein Main AB but the majority of my time was spent at Ramstein AB which I believe is about 2 hours from Frankfurt?

Many trips to Heidleberg, Trier, Wiesbaden, especially enjoy the food in Landstuhl..

Great place for those that have never been..I'm trying to get back before I retire from the service and make my way back to Garmisch-Partenkirchen

ein Bier bitte!! Prost!!

Goose
Old 06-12-2008, 12:27 PM

Thomas,
I would pay money if you could get me a picture of your HHR in front of the Eschenheimer Turm. My wife collects pics of this since Eschenheimer is her maiden name, and I think it would be kind of cool to have one with an HHR!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawker
Thomas,
I would pay money if you could get me a picture of your HHR in front of the Eschenheimer Turm. My wife collects pics of this since Eschenheimer is her maiden name, and I think it would be kind of cool to have one with an HHR!
I stuffed a picture of it in the gallary. Haven't figured out how to link them into a post yet, but Yeah, that's the thing I was talking about in Frankfurt Am Main.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:16 AM

hi jayhawker,
the tower stands on a little isle in the middle of the street. and it is frankfurt city. heavy traffic and no parking space around the tower.
i will give a try, but can´t promise anything.

Quick Reply: German HHR