General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Getting ready to buy HHR but have a couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:06 PM

Getting ready to buy HHR but have a couple of questions

I am getting ready to buy an HHR but was hoping some current owners could answer a couple of questions for me.

1. Will a baby seat fit OK in the backseat passenger side?
2. I am deciding between a 2LT loaded or an SS. The SS is about 2K more than the loaded 2LT. My question is this. Is the SS worth the extra money?
3. If I do get an SS should I get a manual or auto tranny?
4. what does a solid rear quarter panel for $195 mean. This was on one of the 2LT's invoice and I have no idea what it is.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:10 PM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 54
Size:  38.2 KB

Stay away from the SS!!

j/k........I'm just jealous of those that have one!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:36 PM

yes the baby seat fits just fine my 2 year old daughter sits there and loves it I put the pass. seat up about 2-3" so she wont kick it and my wife still fits there with pleanty of room she is about 5-5 though. My doughter sits there in the back and tells me what to do like play her song theres one she loves by Fergie lol i think is Marry Jane Shoes track 11 and she lets me know that she wants to drive "Daddy I drive?" I have the 2lt and love it

oh and the solid qtr pannel is the window behind the rear door directly over the back tire is solid boddy pannel no glass if you look at jx3 pic above its just the very back side window is filled in with metal no glass
Old 07-04-2008, 05:56 PM

WELCOME!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:02 PM

I usually have 2 car seats in my back seat when the grandsons are here! No problems there.

Hubby has an SS, his is auto~I think it's just a preference. Those w/the manual will tell you it's the best......whichever you think you'd really prefer.

We also have an '06 Spring Edition...I personally like it better than the SS BUT Hubby really, really, really likes his SS (and he drove the SE for quite awhile.) He'll tell you it's worth the extra $$$.

I would ask my salesman what the heck that $195 for solid rear quarter panel is!

We love the HHR, alot, that's why we had to get his and hers!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rolyat1955
I would ask my salesman what the heck that $195 for solid rear quarter panel is!
been there done that called a chevy dealership and asked for the internet manager and i asked if she had any with the AA5 rear quarter delete option.... her answer was "They don't make those, it only comes in Panel and Sedan"
Old 07-04-2008, 06:54 PM

LOL........
This one is at a Local dealer right now and the 09 SS will be available with this option!!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:02 PM

The problem with the rear quarter panel instead of the window is VISION. It may look "cool" but changing lanes can be difficult.

The SS had MORE power, lower gas milage and is a kick to drive. FUN, FUN, FUN. The 2LT takes SUPREME gas, although you can use regular.

The SS does not have leather seats, the 2LT does.

Make sure whichever HHR you buy, you get the side air bags.

Also, if you get the 2LT, get a rear anti-sway bar, it makes a BIG difference.

If you drive in a LOT of stop and go traffic, go auto. If you have a lot of wide open space...go Manual.

Both are excellent cars.

I love my HHR.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:03 PM

I have 3 child car seats in the back of my SS. Its a little crowded with 3, but 1 or 2 will fit well. I have to say, go SS and go 5 speed.

SPPD
Old 07-04-2008, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by MWG2
The problem with the rear quarter panel instead of the window is VISION. It may look "cool" but changing lanes can be difficult.

The SS had MORE power, lower gas milage and is a kick to drive. FUN, FUN, FUN. The 2LT takes SUPREME gas, although you can use regular.

The SS does not have leather seats, the 2LT does.

Make sure whichever HHR you buy, you get the side air bags.

Also, if you get the 2LT, get a rear anti-sway bar, it makes a BIG difference.

If you drive in a LOT of stop and go traffic, go auto. If you have a lot of wide open space...go Manual.

Both are excellent cars.

I love my HHR.
Never had a problem changing lanes with my full panel.
No mention of "SUPREME GAS" on original price sticker.
No sway bar,takes turns with no body roll.(Has 17" tires,though)

Quick Reply: Getting ready to buy HHR but have a couple of questions