General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Getting ready to buy HHR but have a couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by jims08ss
I have to worry about resale as I buy and trade out vehicles pretty often. I am hoping the HHR will be a vehicle I want to keep!!
If you trade that often, you maybe one of those people that are better off leasing but for those of us that hang on to them for the long run, we are better off to buying. Some guys have rented an HHR (non SS) for a wk to see if they really liked it and that maybe what you need to try
Old 07-05-2008, 08:31 AM

Leasing would be a great idea, but I am upside down in my 07 Silverado crew cab ALOT, but I just can't do these almost $100 fill ups anymore.. I have to just take the loss on my truck now and get the HHR for better fule economy.

I am also GMS so that helps some but still will have to put about 5K down to make it all work, but thats OK.. I will be lowering my vehicle payment almost $200 a month and saving another $200 in gas per month. You also can't beat 0% for 72 months.. I can pay it off early if I like it as well.

(like alot of people are doing)
Originally Posted by an08HHR
If you trade that often, you maybe one of those people that are better off leasing but for those of us that hang on to them for the long run, we are better off to buying. Some guys have rented an HHR (non SS) for a wk to see if they really liked it and that maybe what you need to try
Old 07-05-2008, 08:38 AM

I got a question on here. Are the SS cloth seats of better quality than the cloth seats on the regular HHR? When we bought ours with leather, one of the big reasons we did so is that to me the HHR's cloth seats felt exceptionally cheap and uncomfortable.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:41 AM

I bought th LT-2 in Nov of last year........Drove it 5 mths........We really liked it..........In Jan. the dealer told me they had a SS comming in soon.....The dealer told me he would keep me aware of the progress....I saw the build sheet about 3 weeks before it hit the ground.......He called when it arrived.....I went in to take a look...and low and behold he had 2 Victroy Red's........ I took the one with the Silver Graphics.....Am lucky ....I don't need to rent......They give me the keys......I drive it home and keep it over the weekend......If it suites me I stop in later and give them a check......If it dosen't work for me I take it back........I know not everyone can do this..... But it helps to have been buying cars and trucks for over 50 years....WW
Old 07-05-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by pitbull76
I got a question on here. Are the SS cloth seats of better quality than the cloth seats on the regular HHR? When we bought ours with leather, one of the big reasons we did so is that to me the HHR's cloth seats felt exceptionally cheap and uncomfortable.
Yes, the leather is much more comfortable on the 2LT.

The SS cloth seats though, are comfortable. It is a different cloth material than the cloth used on the SS.

I think you will have a lot more fun in the SS!!

I love my HHR.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:49 AM

Rtfm...

Originally Posted by Li'l Hearse
Never had a problem changing lanes with my full panel.
No mention of "SUPREME GAS" on original price sticker.
No sway bar,takes turns with no body roll.(Has 17" tires,though)
The Window Sticker doesn't tell you everything.

From page 291 of the 2007 HHR Owners Manaual:

If your vehicle has the 2.4L L4 engine
(VIN Code P), use premium unleaded gasoline
with a posted octane rating of 91 or higher. You
may also use regular unleaded gasoline rated at
87 octane or higher, but your vehicle’s acceleration
may be slightly reduced, and you may notice a
slight audible knocking noise, commonly referred to
as spark knock. If the octane is less than 87, you
may notice a heavy knocking noise when you drive.
If this occurs, use a gasoline rated at 87 octane or
higher as soon as possible. Otherwise, you might
damage your engine. If you are using gasoline
rated at 87 octane or higher and you hear heavy
knocking, your engine needs service.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by pitbull76
The SS seats are much better.........We had leather in the LT2........But liked the SS seats much better........After all we live in Fla. and leather isn't all that great.......We have leather in the SSR and the Trans/Am WS6........Thats enought leather....WW
Old 07-05-2008, 08:55 AM

Whether you have the loaded 2LT or the SS, if you obey most laws, you will get to the same destination at the same time. I have the 2LT w/leather and have to say,the drivers side is comfy and the 2.4 is peppy. 27 mpg around home is better than the 13-14mpg with the Ram I trade. Another point is, insurance should be less on the LT than the SS. Will Chevy extend the $2500 incentive or 0%, something to consider. I bought in Jan. with over $4500 off with rebates, incentives, Gm earnings so my loaded 2LT was like 18.5
I use 87 octane and have no problems what so ever.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:00 AM

Whether you have the loaded 2LT or the SS, if you obey most laws, you will get to the same destination at the same time. I have the 2LT w/leather and have to say,the drivers side is comfy and the 2.4 is peppy. 27 mpg around home is better than the 13-14mpg with the Ram I trade. Another point is, insurance should be less on the LT than the SS. Will Chevy extend the $2500 incentive or 0%, something to consider. I bought in Jan. with over $4500 off with rebates, incentives, Gm earnings so my loaded 2LT was like 18.5
I use 87 octane and have no problems what so ever.
My Ins. was no different between the LT2 or the SS.........WW
Old 07-05-2008, 09:51 AM

I basically have it narrowed down to 2 both Victory Red:

1. 2LT auto sunroof leather solid rear quarter premium sound NO 6 disc
2. SS 5 sp LSD side airbags sunroof cloth 6 disc premium sound

The SS is about $1900 more which is about $35 more per month. NO difference on the insurance. I checked both VIN's. My wife said she didn't care since she won't be driving it much, so its up to me to decide.

On a side note, I am 46, married with a 14 month old daughter so I like the side airbags on the SS.

Quick Reply: Getting ready to buy HHR but have a couple of questions