General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Getting Ready to Order HHR - questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 01:42 PM

Getting Ready to Order HHR - questions...

Hello - I am glad I found this forum as I have been learning a lot the last week or so and look forward to contributing once I get my own HHR. Sounds like a lot of nice people here!

I will be purchasing a 2007 HHR within the next couple of months (my current auto, a 1987 Chev Astro that I purchased new 20 yrs ago has just failed to pass the smog test so it is a good time to by new again!).

I have a couple questions that I hope maybe someone can help me with:

1. I see that there are two new colors for 2007: Imperial Blue Metallic and Golden Teal Metallic (although the Teal will not be available at start of production). Since I will probably need to order the HHR before the new 2007s are on the dealer's lot, can anyone tell me if any current GM cars have colors that are the same/similar?

2. Does anyone know or have an educated guess when the 2007s will actually be available to order? and when I could expect delivery?

Thank you in advance for any input,
Dan
Old 07-03-2006, 02:14 PM

Can't help ya' on the colors. I actually can't wait to see the colors myself, especially that Imperial Blue.

As far as when the 2007 will be out, normally next year vehicles go in production and made available around August or September, but you may want to keep close tabs with your dealer if you know of which dealer you will be working with.

If you are going to special order, be prepared to wait about 2 months or so. Some here have waited longer and then again some have only had to wait about a month. However, the average has been about 2 months, but you'll probably have our VIN before that. If you do, that'll give you time to order your personalized plates that way by the time you get your plates in the mail, you'll probably have your HHR.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Founding Member

My date from order to delivery was 7 weeks. But I special ordered exactly what I wanted, and got just that. It was well worth the wait.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by dan99
Hello - I am glad I found this forum as I have been learning a lot the last week or so and look forward to contributing once I get my own HHR. Sounds like a lot of nice people here!

I will be purchasing a 2007 HHR within the next couple of months (my current auto, a 1987 Chev Astro that I purchased new 20 yrs ago has just failed to pass the smog test so it is a good time to by new again!).

I have a couple questions that I hope maybe someone can help me with:

1. I see that there are two new colors for 2007: Imperial Blue Metallic and Golden Teal Metallic (although the Teal will not be available at start of production). Since I will probably need to order the HHR before the new 2007s are on the dealer's lot, can anyone tell me if any current GM cars have colors that are the same/similar?

2. Does anyone know or have an educated guess when the 2007s will actually be available to order? and when I could expect delivery?

Thank you in advance for any input,
Dan
Here's some of the info you wanted. According to a google search I did, info at wikipedia says Imperial Blue (Midnight Blue in GMC) appear to be one in the same. This GMC truck came up as being Imperial Blue.

Here's some images that were found online of the HHR and new colors...not sure how close they are...and they are kinda small...but may give you an idea of what they might look like.

There is also a link to 2007 HHR info here...not sure how reliable...but could be a step in the right direction.

Not sure when ordering will be available...haven't seen anything online doing search. Best bet might be to contact a dealer you know and see what they say. Like some have already stated, it could be anywhere from a month to several months, but is worth the wait if you want to order just the options you like.

to the forum...it's a great bunch of people and you'll have a ton of fun here.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:12 PM

Thanks everyone for the info! So far you guys (and gals!) appear to be better informed than any of the dealers that I've contacted. One said for me to come on down now and he could order it today (for some reason I don't believe him) and all the others said it would be anywhere from Aug-Oct before I could even place a special order.

Courthousedeb: Thanks for the link - that's where I initially got the new color info. How did you find all the rest of those pics!!?? I had tried that earlier and got back mostly junk! Good job!

It appears to me that there are NO CHANGES in the 07HHR - except for the colors?? And, I guess I'll probably just have to pick one of the existing colors, as it is so difficult to tell from just a pic.

Thanks again,
Dan
Old 07-03-2006, 03:24 PM

Courthousedeb: Thanks for the link - that's where I initially got the new color info. How did you find all the rest of those pics!!?? I had tried that earlier and got back mostly junk! Good job!
Dan...I'm a google search fanatic. Started out by typing in Imperial Blue Chevrolet and wikipedia link came up that said the 2 colors were similar. Then I went to google images and typed imperial blue GMC and the picture of the truck came up. The other link I found by doing a search of the forums using term imperial blue...and from there clicked on the colors themselves in the chart and the pictures came up.

Like I said, I'm a search fanatic at google...which is my search engine of choice.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:46 PM

courthousedeb: I just noticed that the Sunburst Orange is now Sunburst Orange II. Is the "II" something new? How do you like the Orange?
Old 07-03-2006, 04:10 PM

courthousedeb: I just noticed that the Sunburst Orange is now Sunburst Orange II. Is the "II" something new? How do you like the Orange?
The official color name for the orange at chevrolet.com is indeed Sunburst Orange ll Metallic.
That is what also shows on my new vehicle buyers order and invoice.

How do I like it? I love it...it's a very cool color and draws a lot of attention because of it.
Check out this picture that I took of it when I went to meet Kenny Wallace and see his show car
at one of the Furniture Row Malls here in the Denver Metro area. (see the guy checking it out?)
It certainly caught alot of peoples attention that day and I'm sure ended up in many a NASCAR fans photos.

Name:  0514957-R1-016-6A.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  75.5 KB

Name:  0514957-R1-036-16A.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  66.4 KB
Old 07-03-2006, 04:32 PM

You're right! Your HHR really stands out from all the rest of the standard blue/grey/white cars in that parking lot!!

I have been looking at HHRs for over a month now and I have only seen TWO HHRs outside of a dealership - and both were Amethyst! And, I have yet to see even ONE of the Orange HHRs at a dealership. I think I would want to see that color in person before ordering it though! Did you consider any of the other colors before you ordered?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:31 PM

Actually Dan...when I first got the brochure for the HHR that my boyfriend picked up...I was leaning towards the Daytona Blue (it's a NASCAR thing...) or the Dark Amethyst Metallic and possibly the Orange. When we went looking the day I bought my car...we saw a bunch of blue ones...not just HHR's but other Chevrolets as well...and I decided I wanted something different. Never saw the Amethyst HHR on any of the lots, but did see a Cobalt and I thought it was a nice and different color, but I wasn't going to make a decision until I saw the Orange one in person. Plus...I wanted a 5 spd and everything we looked at on the 1st 3 lots that day was an automatic. I wasn't going to settle on anything until I drove the 5 speed. Lo and behold, when we pulled on to the 4th lot that day, there sat an Orange HHR...made boyfriend go over and look to see if it was a 5 speed... It was, I drove it, fell in love and took it home with me.

The photos you see online don't do the car colors justice, as they are much more vivid and striking in person. I'm glad I kept looking that day and saw what each color looked like before making my final decision.

Quick Reply: Getting Ready to Order HHR - questions...