General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Getting removed bumpers from cargo area to where they belong

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 07:37 PM

No, just wary of what I don't know coming back to bite me. We all have areas of knowledge where we "know" things without even realizing, and then those other areas. The questions we don't even know to ask.

I have replaced my own hatch supports on a few different cars. I installed a newfangled cassette player car stereo. I bought (and self-installed) a kitchen faucet (with LEDs!) - direct from Shanghai. The instructions were a little "obscure," but it works great. Car engines - not so much.

====
I just checked out RockAuto, and their prices are supercheap, even the "CAPA-certified" parts. I'll call them in the am, to get some idea of shipping costs. I may go back to my mechanic, armed with new knowledge about what things actually can cost.

Last edited by hilcat; 01-17-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:25 AM

My two cents (and no one asked me) is that vehicles I have had in the past with frame repairs (or unrepaired slight damage) were NEVER QUITE THE SAME AGAIN.

Ask yourself this: "With an INTACT HHR having 5-star crash ratings on everything but rollover (I think,) am I willing to risk my life or that of a family member on this thing being "ok?"

Cars, and money, are replaceable. People are not.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Don’t forget the discount code!!

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/supp...-2018-a-59821/

If you order online they give you shipping information and costs
Old 01-21-2018, 10:25 AM

Just so folks don't get comfortable.

RA is not a retailer, it is a fulfillment warehouse like Amazon.

They never tell you exactly who provides the goods. It could be your local NAPA franchise or it could be someone that bought an unclaimed container from China. Thus the refund problems some people have with them.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:14 PM
Administrator

And RA , RockAuto is our supporting vendor, so we get that discount, and fast service and delivery, I’m very comfortable with that.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:15 PM
Banned

if u need help fixing it lmk or if u want to sell it lmk i have oem parts and can put it back into safe usable shape ,,, pm me
Old 01-26-2018, 10:43 AM

I'm loving that discount, of any amount. I'm debating between buying a RockAuto front bumper bar, CAPA grade, (I figure for that part, I should spend the extra from "regular inventory") or doing the U-pull at my local yard. Anyone know if that piece changed from year to year? If I could pull from a 2006, I could nab a silver bumper cover too.

hellshotrod, check your PMs.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:49 AM
Banned

all year bars and covers will work some of the filler pads are foam or plastic ,but ether will work , i sent u a pm back ,,,, i have bars and pads and maybe a cover i will look i have inner liners also
Old 01-26-2018, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Casa Del Gatos
My two cents (and no one asked me) is that vehicles I have had in the past with frame repairs (or unrepaired slight damage) were NEVER QUITE THE SAME AGAIN.

Ask yourself this: "With an INTACT HHR having 5-star crash ratings on everything but rollover (I think,) am I willing to risk my life or that of a family member on this thing being "ok?"

Cars, and money, are replaceable. People are not.
In my youth I had a body shop and bought repairable wrecks all the time. That's how I got my '76 Buick. it had just over 40,000 when I got it and had just under 300,000 when I junked it many years later.

It had major frame damage when I got it. I straightened the frame and replaced the sheet metal. Did I trust it? DAMN right I did.

I rebuilt many cars over the several years of time that I had the shop, I trusted them all after I fixed them.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Grizzly old man
In my youth I had a body shop and bought repairable wrecks all the time. That's how I got my '76 Buick. it had just over 40,000 when I got it and had just under 300,000 when I junked it many years later.

It had major frame damage when I got it. I straightened the frame and replaced the sheet metal. Did I trust it? DAMN right I did.

I rebuilt many cars over the several years of time that I had the shop, I trusted them all after I fixed them.
Yeah I wish that was still the case.
These days its like crumpling up tin foil then trying to flatten it out again. Its never the same.

Quick Reply: Getting removed bumpers from cargo area to where they belong