General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

GM & Chevy to announce a Huge Promotion on Monday 7/17

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Clarke33
I saw one of the Trailblazer SS's while I was at the dealer during the last GM sale. That is one slick looking ride. As much as I tried, I just couldn't convince my wife she didn't need a Tahoe but really needed the SS. Oh well, the Tahoe is a real plush ride.
My wife is actually encouraging me to trade my HHR in for a Trailblazer. She doesn't think I need the SS though, she wants to get the EXT model. I could probably do without the SS as long as it is an LT but the SS looks so good in black with ebony interior. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what the sale is.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:55 AM

It isn't looking good for this rumor. Here it is at 10 AM and there has been no IDL announced. I'm not holding my breath for this one.

Dark Age- I work at a Chevy store just north of Lansing. I don't know what the rules are here and do not want to break any advertising rules (not that we have any HHR's anyway lol).
Old 07-17-2006, 01:01 PM

If it does to come to pass, remember that there are folks like me who just bought theirs yesterday!

I did get a super deal, better financing, and most importantly I got exactly the color and options I wanted. If the rumor does turn out to be true then I'm telling myself that I am lucky that I beat the rush and got to pick the cream of the available crop.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by scrapinby
I don't know what the rules are here and do not want to break any advertising rules (not that we have any HHR's anyway lol).
They can be found *HERE*.

I look forward to seeing some new Chevy HHR's commercials in their ad compaign.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

I guess there is no promotion or Trailblazer SS in my near future.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:37 PM

The SS gets pretty bad mileage. 15/19 for 2WD , 14/17 for the 2WD. So dont feel too bad. Be happy with your HHR and your 30 mpg.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Banned

I love my HHR but I saw the posibility to upgrade to a nicer vehicle. I'm happy with my HHR for now. I would loose a bunch of money in the deal anyways.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Songman
From what I have seen, used HHRs are only selling for a few hundred to a thousand dollars less than new. I haven't seen a big drop in the price for used. ....

Songman - Due to the type of job that I have.. I have talked to dealers in the California / West Coast area which have told me that the HHR is so hot that they are able to mark up the 'LIST' price on some colors and sell them...

And even sell used ones for close to list price..

Now like all used car the pricing changes greatly by area!

I have a brother-in-law who after the storms in the gulf area would purchased cars in my area transport them to the gulf and mark them up $$ and they would sell with out question.. he would then buy select cars and bring them back and strip them down for usable parts... for close to four months he claims he made close to $100,000.00 a month just driving his little six car hauler back and forth... ...But then he likes to tell big fish stories also... ...so I don't know how much to believe.. he might of made the money before costs..

--David
Old 07-17-2006, 09:04 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by DEC2955
I have a brother-in-law who after the storms in the gulf area would purchased cars in my area transport them to the gulf and mark them up $$ and they would sell with out question.
Isn't that called....PRICE GOUGING!!!!?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Banned

Depends on how you look at it. To the seller it's supply and demand.

Quick Reply: GM & Chevy to announce a Huge Promotion on Monday 7/17