General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

GM & Chevy to announce a Huge Promotion on Monday 7/17

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BryceStrong
If it's an LS, yeah! 1LT more, 2LT a little more than that. Vehicles 18,000 and under really aren't marked up thousands and thousands of dollars. You should see the mark-up on a bottle of Pepsi.
I agree on the bottle of Pepsi...and Bryce you seem like a nice guy, so no reflection on you, but you are wrong on the mark-up from dealer invoice to MSRP.

If that is the information your superiors are giving you, so be it. But I KNOW FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT, that mark-up on the base LS is more than $500. For that matter, the market on any model HHR is more than $500 plus the mark-up on whatever options are selected.

I still stand by my previous post, "DO NOT BELIEVE THE DEALER WHEN THEY SAY THEY ARE NOT MAKING MONEY". That is just not true, unless the dealer has had the vehicle in inventory so long, that the floor plan "ate" the profit (and that could be thousands, depending on the vehicle).

On a related note.... several dealeres here in Arizona had been discounting their HHR inventory from the beginning...some had "dealer mark-up" stickers of $2000-$3000. Guess which ones NOW have the largest inventory!!! Some, for the last week, had been selling at dealer invoice (not factory), minus $250 rebate, 1.9% .financing.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:04 AM

I just checked Chevrolet.com's website and only thing I see is reduced financing rates. If I were to purchase a 2006 HHR, I would be eligible for 1.9% financing from GMAC and delivery would have to be today.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by captain howdy
It just sucks that i had to by my HHR in my grandmothers name to get her discount. At least through the dealership I went through.
Hey Captain....

To get her discount do you mean the purchase, doc's and title list her as the owner? If that is correct, the dealer is S**thead, and do not know what they are doing.

GM's rules and policies clearly and expressly indicate a grandparent can sponsor a grandchild for a new vehicle purchase.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by DEC2955

for close to four months he claims he made close to $100,000.00 a month just driving his little six car hauler back and forth... ...But then he likes to tell big fish stories also... ...so I don't know how much to believe.. he might of made the money before costs..

--David
I'd have to say that's a big fish story. Unless of course he could fit more cars on a 6 car hauler.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I just checked Chevrolet.com's website and only thing I see is reduced financing rates. If I were to purchase a 2006 HHR, I would be eligible for 1.9% financing from GMAC and delivery would have to be today.
yeah, they have had this deal going ever since the 72 hour sale on the 4th. But again what happens after today???
Old 07-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member

I should remind those people that received GM "Family" pricing to be careful on the dollar numbers and prices you quote. Again, GM Rules and Policies in regard to employee pricing prohibit revealing your pricing. Your sponsor could lose their purchasing privileges. I assisted in the inforcement of these policies at one time, and witnessed several people lose the privilege for life.

There is nothing prohibiting the assistance of purchase with "ball park" numbers, or general information.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by soup
yeah, they have had this deal going ever since the 72 hour sale on the 4th. But again what happens after today???
At this point, it appears that only time will tell. We have several people on the forum who work for Chevrolet dealers and I'm sure once they know, they will let us know.

BTW... to chevyhhr.net for another Colorado member. Please be sure to check in on the South Mountain board and tell us more about you. We're hoping to get for a run of sorts and would love to have you join us. Looking forward to hearing what you end up buying once this financing thing comes to fruition.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
At this point, it appears that only time will tell. We have several people on the forum who work for Chevrolet dealers and I'm sure once they know, they will let us know.

BTW... to chevyhhr.net for another Colorado member. Please be sure to check in on the South Mountain board and tell us more about you. We're hoping to get for a run of sorts and would love to have you join us. Looking forward to hearing what you end up buying once this financing thing comes to fruition.
Thanks I have my eye on a couple right now. Any suggestions on dealers to go to, and dealers to avoid in the Denver Metro area?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by soup
Thanks I have my eye on a couple right now. Any suggestions on dealers to go to, and dealers to avoid in the Denver Metro area?
Sent PM to answer this question. Not sure it's proper to slam a dealer on the forum. Also sent some good leads as well.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:43 PM

Sure it's proper! Medved is clearly the best.
And snoopy, I rechecked. I have a base model that has about $720 markup over invoice. Technically you're right. The markup wasn't as low as my estimate but it's close!

Quick Reply: GM & Chevy to announce a Huge Promotion on Monday 7/17