General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

GM & Chevy to announce a Huge Promotion on Monday 7/17

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by BryceStrong
Sure it's proper! Medved is clearly the best.
And snoopy, I rechecked. I have a base model that has about $720 markup over invoice. Technically you're right. The markup wasn't as low as my estimate but it's close!
Only if you have the one I want.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I should remind those people that received GM "Family" pricing to be careful on the dollar numbers and prices you quote. Again, GM Rules and Policies in regard to employee pricing prohibit revealing your pricing. Your sponsor could lose their purchasing privileges. I assisted in the inforcement of these policies at one time, and witnessed several people lose the privilege for life.
Wow! I never knew that. In fact, when I told a local dealership here I qualified for supplier pricing "if" I bought from them, the salesman showed me the employee price on his own.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:16 PM

Family Prices

I should remind those people that received GM "Family" pricing to be careful on the dollar numbers and prices you quote. Again, GM Rules and Policies in regard to employee pricing prohibit revealing your pricing. Your sponsor could lose their purchasing privileges. I assisted in the inforcement of these policies at one time, and witnessed several people lose the privilege for life.
I agree. Gm and Ford appear to feel very strong about revealing.
Got this from someone who works at a multi-line dealer.............
Old 07-19-2006, 07:40 AM

Seems they are still keeping this tight lipped. Anyone heard anything?

Local dealership called my yesterday, they "almost" have the one I want in stock. 06 2LT 5-speed. Couple of options I don't care for, but just don't know if I want silver.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by solman98

Local dealership called my yesterday, they "almost" have the one I want in stock. 06 2LT 5-speed. Couple of options I don't care for, but just don't know if I want silver.
solman

The light Silverstone color is great, stays cooler and always looks clean even after 1000 miles on the road. I actually like the way the chrome and light silver look together. Good Luck

Old 07-19-2006, 07:51 AM

Solman

It is also very rare to find a 2LT 5 speed, other members have mentioned that there are not as many of them available and they had a difficult time finding one.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by john 11
Solman

It is also very rare to find a 2LT 5 speed, other members have mentioned that there are not as many of them available and they had a difficult time finding one.
I have definatley found that out. Around here and throughout the South East, it's hard to find any manuals. Just trying to decide if the color or transmission is more important to me. Decisions, decisions.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by john 11
Solman

my dealer had to go way up north to get mine wasnt many black 2lt 5spd's around in febuary either
Old 07-19-2006, 08:21 AM

Hey Captain....

To get her discount do you mean the purchase, doc's and title list her as the owner? If that is correct, the dealer is S**thead, and do not know what they are doing.

GM's rules and policies clearly and expressly indicate a grandparent can sponsor a grandchild for a new vehicle purchase.
We really don't know enough about this deal to make that comment. His grandmother may not be the employee, maybe his uncle is. Maybe Captain didn't qualify for the best rate, we just don't know enough. Either way, what they did is called a straw purchase and it is illegal.

As for this huge deal, it didn't happen (not in the North Central region anyway). GM is offering either $500 rebate, or 0% for 36 months, 2.9% for 48 months, 3.9% for 60 months, or 4.9% for 72 months. This is a very good offer, but it is not 0% for 72 months plus GMS for everyone.

And for the record, we have been selling HHRs at invoice since the very beginning, and yes, we still make money.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:26 AM

I have definatley found that out. Around here and throughout the South East, it's hard to find any manuals. Just trying to decide if the color or transmission is more important to me. Decisions, decisions.
I had a very tough time finding a 5-speed optioned the way I wanted. I managed to find 5 in the state of GA, but 3 of them were bare-bones LS models. I ended up locating mine at John Thornton Chevrolet in Lithia Springs, GA. We found a Spring Edition 5-speed with a 2.4 option on their lot. I really wanted a 2LT Dark Silver Metallic and they actually did locate one for me in Birmingham while we were at their dealership. But after seeing the SE, we took it instead.

My suggestion is if it's even close to what you want, get it. 5-speeds are rare enough, and '06 models all together are going to be getting even more rare. That's kind of why I think there won't be much of a end of year sale on the HHR. Not really a need to for the looks of things.

Quick Reply: GM & Chevy to announce a Huge Promotion on Monday 7/17