General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Gm + hhr = junk

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 PM
sky

Originally Posted by BDUCK23
It was not a whine, it was a vent.
There ya go again...whining that your whine was a vent and not a whine.
Reread your post.

GM builds great cars and sometimes they end up selling them to soft customers.

LOL!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:27 PM

I know every car company has a bad one here or there, but two in a row in 5 years. I know if any one of you had two bad cars in a row from the same company you would be upset. I realy want to love my 08 shadow edition, but going back to the dealer all the time is making it hard. On the way to the dealer yesterday it shut off two times with no warning lights on. I have to drive 700 miles to minnesota in a few months, and i hope it gets fixed. I dont want to be stuck up in the woods with a broke down car and some bears. Sorry if i made anybody upset, but i just had to vent. I still love the way it looks and drives. I just hope it keeps driving!!!
You've got a case of bum luck. Research your state's lemon laws and then maybe invoke them to get out of the car. I can't blame you for being sour on the brand...could be a good time for you to move onto something else for pyschic satisfaction but like I said earlier, there's no guarantee with any brand.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by sky
There ya go again...whining that your whine was a vent and not a whine.
Reread your post.

GM builds great cars and sometimes they end up selling them to soft customers.

LOL!

What does the type of customer I am have to do with mechanical problems with my car?? I dont see where you are going with this!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:46 PM

Can we say Mod Intervention?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Can we say Mod Intervention?
I think we can.

I believe BDUCK23 has stated his reason for original post about his frustration with his vehicle in post #23.

Sorry if i made anybody upset, but i just had to vent. I still love the way it looks and drives. I just hope it keeps driving!!!
I would like to remind everyone of the site rules:

No flaming or trolling - Be respectful of other posters and please keep discussions tasteful. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars (ie: religion, abortion, racism, illegal conduct, and so on). Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing, deletion, or editing of the post and the suspension of the posting member's account.

Conflicts – All conflicts should be resolved in private via PM, email, or IM. Do not drag your personal conflicts on the forums. Do not make prejudicial or hateful remarks, threats of physical or other harm, threats concerning personal data, or objectionable language.

So if you have a differing opinion state it with out causing a conflict or flaming, if you can't then don't post in the open forum.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:41 PM

sounds like a easy fix? Can i have your number so i can give it to the dealer so you can tell them how to fix it. It was not a whine, it was a vent. Also, that rear wiper sucks. You must not hand wash your car to much.
I'm not sure I found the original comment about the rear wiper, but if the issue is holding it off to allow it to dry and to be able to chamois the glass, there's a one minute mod described somewhere in this site to remove the cover over the pivot and clip off the tab that prevents it from pulling back all the way to its detent position away from the glass. Not sure why it's done that way, but I've seen a lot of newer cars that have the same 'feature'.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by pg318
there's a one minute mod described somewhere in this site to remove the cover over the pivot and clip off the tab that prevents it from pulling back all the way to its detent position away from the glass. Not sure why it's done that way, but I've seen a lot of newer cars that have the same 'feature'.
Yeah, I noticed that it does that when I changed the wiper the other day. Really easy to do, but you don't know you have to do it!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:35 PM

Wiper's never been a problem for me.

I guess if you have been driving junk, and I mean stuff that should have been crushed years ago, you just have a different outlook on what a 'problem' is. Now, the O.P. has a real problem, but getting angry, whiny, venty, or whatever does not solve the problem. Think of the dealer as a doctor, you want a second opinion. Go to a different dealer. Face it, some dealers leave a lot to be desired in customer service.

As far as getting two bad cars in a row, it can happen. GM builds a lot of cars, odds are some will have issues. Luck of the draw. Now if there was a general cry that certain things go wrong on a significant number of cars, then that would indicate a poor design- something that would turn a reasonable person against a manufacturer.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:16 AM

Dealer Still has my car. This is getting old. The only thing they can find is, there is a load of 100% when it should not be. I really dont know what that means, but at least they have something to go by. I miss having my car.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:06 AM

My GM dealer just bent over backwards to fix my out of warranty (37.000) 2006 HHR with a cowl seal water leak issue. Shaheen Chevy gave me a loaner, cleaned my entire HVAC system, reimbursed me for AC Delco parts (blower/resistor) I purchased and did it all in 1 day.
You need to find a new dealership that has better customer service. A good GM tech can fix your car in no time.
It is an imperfect world, full of imperfect people.........

Quick Reply: Gm + hhr = junk