General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

gmpartsdirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:39 PM

gmpartsdirect.com

anyone ever got part from them that were on back order? i placed the order for all the arm rest parts and it shows back order now and im just wondering how long it will take. thanks
Old 07-25-2008, 02:06 PM

Ordered factory splash guard set and th PAL iPod audio link. PAL was on backorder so my order was held up. Took 4 weeks.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:16 PM

I don't recommend dealing with these jokers... Customer service (or lack thereof) horror story follows:

I ordered a bunch of stuff from them. Front, rear, and back premium floor mats, cargo organizer, and roof rack cross rails. I placed the order on 15-APR. They were waiting for at least one item, so shipped 3 weeks later. They never communicated what they were waiting for, or when I could expect them to ship the order. I received the items a month after ordering. They were packed in a homemade box cut from 2 other boxes. The cargo area floor mat had been folded in quarters. It split at the middle where they had creased it for packing. I logged a return request on their web site that day, and got an automated mail that they were processing the return request. After 6 days of no e-mail and no phone call (and no required RMA) from them I sent a message to their customer service dept. After 4 more days without contact I sent them another message and tracked down the phone number for Flow Chevrolet. Flow's service manager said that GMPartsDirect is separately owned and operated, and that they had NO incoming phone number. He said he would pass a request for them to contact me. Finally someone called back, said they were behind, only one guy to process returns, he was out so apparently nobody was processing them for a few weeks(!). I finally received a return authorization 14 days after requesting it. Of course, I had to pay out of pocket to send the big mat back to them. They never so much as offered to cover any part of shipping, even though the damage was a direct result of their inept packing.

They received the item on 3 days later (per USPS tracking), but never acknowledged receiving it. After 3 weeks with no acknowledgment that they received it, I sent them a message asking whether they had received it. 4 weeks after receiving it they finally replied, and said the item was on national backorder. 2 weeks after that they finally sent the item. This time it was packed OK and undamaged. Total time from when the order was placed: 3 months.

I've read many similar stories on the web about them. I've seen better recommendations for Buy-OEM-Parts.com, but I've yet to order from them.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Founding Member

gmpartsdirect and all the other direct ship/cheaply priced/high azz handling sites are GM DEALERS! Yes they sell you the part at GM cost (which is really not their cost) but they kill you in shipping and handling charges. Every site that gets posted here, that I have checked out, is a GM DEALERSHIP!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:37 PM

gmparts direct

I research the parts and go to my dealer and order the parts and pay no shipping. I have done this for my HHr and my Z06. No problems of any kind, The prices are very close. 1FASVET
Old 07-25-2008, 04:46 PM

It took months before my problem was resolved with a back ordered item. I'm also going to recommend buying elsewhere.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:49 PM

Right you are ChevyMgr, I did some checking as well when a customer walked in our store with a wrong part that they wouldn't take back. They absolutely ripped the guys lips off for "shipping and handling" then dropped him like a rock.

My armrest parts were backordered for a long time as well.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Founding Member

Go to your local dealer and tell them you have a small shop. If your name is Joe Smith, tell them it's Smith's Auto Service. This is usually all it takes to get the jobber pricing on parts. At least if there is a problem you are dealing with a person standing across a counter from you and not across the nation.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:15 PM

I purchased my SS in my company's name. When I go in for parts at the dealer I get wholesale pricing.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:41 PM

hrmm, i wished i would have asked about them before i placed the order. wonder how hard its going to be to cancel the order now that i already placed it? i looked for a phone number and can not find anything on them. maybe i should just call my cc and tell them to cancel the transaction..

btw, it was 31 for shipping. i figure that about 3 times too much for shipping..

Quick Reply: gmpartsdirect.com