General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

gmpartsdirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by dpoll995
hrmm, i wished i would have asked about them before i placed the order. wonder how hard its going to be to cancel the order now that i already placed it? i looked for a phone number and can not find anything on them. maybe i should just call my cc and tell them to cancel the transaction..

btw, it was 31 for shipping. i figure that about 3 times too much for shipping..
At the bottom of the home page it states this. Google them to get their phone number.

©1999 - 2008 Flow Chevrolet, LLC - All Rights Reserved. GMPartsDirect.com is independently owned and operated by Flow Chevrolet, LLC,
an authorized independent reseller of General Motors Parts. This site is not owned or operated by General Motors Corporation
Old 07-25-2008, 06:43 PM

I have placed a total of 7 orders with them and been very satisfied. Here are some cautions though. Don't expect great (or any) communications, you are getting parts cheap and that is it. Check your order status online, it is up to date. If a part goes on national back-order, they will cancel it after a week or two. Shipping for heavy parts is costly. You cannot cancel an order (but they can and will if it is on back-order too long). If you are in a hurry go through your local dealer, most will offer over the counter prices about 10-15% higher than gmpartsdirect if you are a good customer, with no additional charge for shipping. All parts received from them have been in the original GM shipping box, sometimes packed inside another larger box. Just been lucky I guess.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 PM

I have ordered from both GM Parts Direct and GM Parts House. The difference is day and night. GM Parts Direct has essentially no customer service and their shipping charges are completely divorced from reality. GM Parts House gets all my business.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:43 PM

I have been dealing with https://www.partszoneonline.com/index.php They have been very good...prices just a hair more than gmpartsdirect, but I have the advantage that the dealer that they buy thru is about 50 minutes from my house. Nice people to deal with. My local dealer wouldn't give me a cent off of retail...I told them I'd never set foot in the building again...parts man's reply was..."if I give you a discount, I'd have to give it to everyone" I said
Old 07-26-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by c2vette
I have placed a total of 7 orders with them and been very satisfied. Here are some cautions though. Don't expect great (or any) communications, you are getting parts cheap and that is it. Check your order status online, it is up to date. If a part goes on national back-order, they will cancel it after a week or two. Shipping for heavy parts is costly. You cannot cancel an order (but they can and will if it is on back-order too long). If you are in a hurry go through your local dealer, most will offer over the counter prices about 10-15% higher than gmpartsdirect if you are a good customer, with no additional charge for shipping. All parts received from them have been in the original GM shipping box, sometimes packed inside another larger box. Just been lucky I guess.

i sent them a email to cancel my order, if they wont let me i guess im stuck waiting to see how long it will take to get the parts. im glad to know if it takes too long they will cancel it. i have had no arm rest or 3 months now i guess a month or 2 longer wont kill me.lol
Old 09-15-2009, 05:34 PM

Well I hope I did not screw up here........ I should have used the forum search feature yesterday instead of the day after I ordered from them.

I ordered the all weather front, rear, cargo floormats and the rear bumper fascia protector from gmpartsdirect.com yesterday. Price was great, shipping and handling well not so great. Time will tell I guess.......

Fred
Old 09-15-2009, 06:54 PM

Just to let you guys know something about them.......Their prices are cheap because they BLAST you on shipping.They are just a GM dealer and not offering you anymore of a bargain than if you went to your local dealer and asked for a discount.They are not doing you any special favors. As I have mentioned on here before, I ran a Chevy parts dept for 23 years. If you ask us for a discount,we will give one to you(at least I do),they would rather make a sale than lose one. GM Parts Direct rip you off with overcharging for shipping(it even says they charge higher than normal shipping prices on their site so they can sell at a discount). I say,get in your car,go to your dealer and and ask if they could match or beat the GM Parts Direct prices. I know the markup....they can do it.Why am I telling you all this? Because I believe customers should never be ripped off in any way.I now work for our Acura store(we are an automall)as Wholesale Manager where we run the largest online store in America(Ebay store,Yahoo Store)with internet sales averaging $90,000 per month.We do that much because of repeat customers because we take care of them and NEVER overcharge.Our prices are lower than any Acura store AND we make it up in volume.....and not ripping off the customer. GM Parts Direct sucks.Staye away. I'm done ranting now.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 PM

We personally heve a three step process when ordering GM OEM items!

1) Research Part Number

2) Reference Part Number w/ GM Parts Direct website

3) Purchase the item from Partszone, (Can't Beat there Customer Service)
Old 09-16-2009, 06:57 AM

I highly recommend Crate Engine Depot. Tom will fix you up with any part you need at a reasonable price and his customer service is fantastic!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
I highly recommend Crate Engine Depot. Tom will fix you up with any part you need at a reasonable price and his customer service is fantastic!
X2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CED took really good care of me with the Stage 1 order I made with them in Dec 2008. Also they were very knowledgable about the item when others were clueless. Also at the time they had the best price anywhere.

SPPD

Quick Reply: gmpartsdirect.com