General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

gmpartsdirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 07:51 AM

I have ordered at least a dozen items from gmpartsdirect.com over the last 10years.

Yes, shipping is expensive and they admit recovering some profit from high shipping and handling charges.

But they are still usually much cheaper than the local dealers, even with the shipping.

For example, my 94 Suburban needed a fuel sending unit assembly. Local dealer $290, gmpartsdirect was $160 + $30 shipping, which saved me $100.

I have not found any local dealers which will give a discount. I would like to support the local places, but they won't budge on the list price. I have even found a local dealer that wanted OVER list (by a few dollars).

If you're lucky to have a local dealer that will get close to the net prices, then that's great news for you. I don't have that option. I haven't tried claiming that I ran a small shop (as ChevyMgr says to try).

I have no idea who the cheapest net place is and there are probably cheaper places than gmpartsdirect. However, gmpartsdirect is usually a big saving (even with the shipping) over local dealer prices.

Yes, communications with them is not fast. Correspondence will be via E-mail and they may not answer you the same day you sent the question.

They also have a pretty good part # finder on their web site.

Steve
Old 09-16-2009, 11:08 AM

I was concerned with a previous poster's remark about the cargo mat being folded and cracked during shipping....

Well it's too late now, already ordered. I knew the shipping was extravagent, but the discount and sales tax savings made it sound like a good deal....

Fred
Old 09-16-2009, 12:04 PM

I had an episode with a grille. Ordered the correct number, they shipped it and it came with a boxed wrong part. They corrected the problem and although it took a few weeks, it did get fixed. Good service, I will keep ordering from them.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:54 PM

Received my fall edition headlights today, they were on back order, got them within a 2 week time frame.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:27 PM

The positive comments are good to hear. I did save quite a few bucks with this order despite the shipping and handling excesses. I will respond back when I get the merchandise and give a honest option on the transaction!

I really appreciate all of those that have responded, thanks again!

Fred
Old 09-18-2009, 06:35 AM

Having email as the only means of communication on needed, backorded, or incorrect parts is completely unacceptable to me. Stay with GM Parts House or Crate Engine Depot for good service at a reasonable price. GM Parts House is currently realigning themselves with a new dealer due to GM's axe and should be up and running again shortly.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:57 PM

Received my shipping confirmation yesterday, Fedex Ground it appears with a delivery date of 9/24/09. So only two days to ship and notifications of such. So far so good...

Fred

Last edited by mgfred; 09-19-2009 at 03:35 AM. Reason: speeling error......
Old 09-19-2009, 03:08 AM

thanks for these information
Old 09-19-2009, 07:53 AM

I was going to buy from them once till they tried to nail me for $100 for the turbo kit with only two map sensors and two connectors.

I was not saving that much money to make it that good of a deal. I since have shopped around payed their prices with no shipping since.

Sorry If I get screwed I rather have it done upfront where I can see it and not from behind with a crazy shipping charge. Charge me a regular price I can see and just hit me for $12 shipping so I know how much before I hit the cart.

To me this is very unethical.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:57 PM

Smile GMpartsdirect

Bought a pair of Satern springs three weeks ago, before I ordered I check my local dealer for a price. GM direct was cheaper per spring. The shipping was actually cheaper than what the dealer quoted me. Shipment only took 6 days.

Quick Reply: gmpartsdirect.com