General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

gmpartsdirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by mgfred
Received my shipping confirmation yesterday, Fedex Ground it appears with a delivery date of 9/24/09. So only two days to ship and notifications of such. So far so good...

Fred
Received the packages today as promised via Fed-Ex ground. All the mats were in their original boxes and the rear facia protector was strapped on to the cargo mat box in it's original box. Unpacked the mats and put them in, they were all perfect, no cracks etc...

Overall I am satisfied with my transaction with them. Considering the size and weight (18lbs +), I am not of the opinion that the shipping and handling was that excessive either.....

Based on this transaction, I would do business with them again and would not hesitate to recommend them as a vendor!

Now I just gotta get it right applying the rear bumper facia protector. I will probably wait until this weekend to do it...

Fred
Old 09-24-2009, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
I have ordered at least a dozen items from gmpartsdirect.com over the last 10years.

Yes, shipping is expensive and they admit recovering some profit from high shipping and handling charges.

But they are still usually much cheaper than the local dealers, even with the shipping.

I have even found a local dealer that wanted OVER list (by a few dollars).

If you're lucky to have a local dealer that will get close to the net prices, then that's great news for you. I don't have that option. I haven't tried claiming that I ran a small shop (as ChevyMgr says to try).

I have no idea who the cheapest net place is and there are probably cheaper places than gmpartsdirect. However, gmpartsdirect is usually a big saving (even with the shipping) over local dealer prices.

Yes, communications with them is not fast. Correspondence will be via E-mail and they may not answer you the same day you sent the question.

They also have a pretty good part # finder on their web site.

Steve

^^^
Pretty much sums up my experience with them as well...
If it can wait, I'll definetly check/compare the FINAL price from gmpartsdirect.

If I need the part right away, its usually a local purchase.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:04 PM

Another alternative is gmotors.com. I've ordered a lot of parts for my old Catera from them. Yes, they are also a GM dealer, but they don't rake you on the shipping nearly as bad as most of the others and I've always received my parts in a reasonably amount of time. Usually a week or less.