General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

GM's 2008 HHR Production Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:15 AM

Yup,I can't add.Now I come up with 3,944 individually but still get 3,967 the other way.So take all these figures with just a pinch of salt.
I'd love to see one of the 63 1LT panels or one of the 95 2LT panels with the 5 speed.My 2LT 2.4 5 speed window body seems so common in comparison at 250 units.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:02 PM

Thumbs up

:I have one of the 95 2LT 5Spd Panels, one of 6 in Silver,and one of 26 with Ebony Leather Interior, one of 86 with 17" Polished Wheels. Doesn't show
breakdown for Sunroof, XM radio, or Side Airbag Option, but would guess they
be low in numbers
Old 09-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Banned

IM amazed that 2/3s of the SS models were sold with automatic transmissions......wow. Who orders an automatic in a performance car?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hyperv6

Thank You hyperv6-

This is exactly what I've been searching for..

Very much appreciated. I've printed everything for my files...Perfect addition to the
"Build sheet" ChevyMgr posted for mine..

One question in colors, Olympic White in 08 ?? I thought that was an 09 color ?

I have a Summit White 2LT Panel, & don't see the color option listed ?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
IM amazed that 2/3s of the SS models were sold with automatic transmissions......wow. Who orders an automatic in a performance car?
Who buys Autos in the SS 2/3rds of the people.

You had better look around but the manual tranny is on the way out with only about 6% of the market.

Even in performance cars it is about 40% of less in most of them too.

Even cars like Ferrari most are now coming with the Semi Auto tranny. They have no gated shifter on the floor just a neutral and reverse button with paddles on the colum.

The slow of manual sales has been on going for years. When I was looking for my SS it was hard to find a SS as they all sold with the Auto and All I could find were the manual tranny.

With Emissions, MPG, Traffic congestion, Cell Phones and all else people are doing behind the wheel few people want them. In fact it has come to the point few people know how to drive them as they are stolen less since theifs can drive them.

I have an Auto because of stop and go traffic and my wife has never driven one. With the stage kit I really don't miss it since I have equal power now. If it was not a daily driver I would bought the 5 speed but for daily use the Auto is just fine.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 AM

I don't mind my 5 speed in traffic.I'm not in heavy traffic all that much anyway but when I am it's no big deal.Maybe I've channeled Ronnie Sox.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:54 AM

5 speed is only way to go in the SS, IMHO.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jescobe82
5 speed is only way to go in the SS, IMHO.
YEah I agree, Unless one has a paddle shifter and can select 5 or six gears with no overrides in an automatic a performance car needs the gears. 1,2, Drive, doesn't cut it.

I would buy a Mazda 3 with an auto but not a Mazda Speed 3 (have not seem one of those with an auto yet) I would buy a Hyundai Genesis Coupe with the 3.0 with auto but not the 3.8.

SS Camaro....5 0r 6 speed manual
RS Camaro Auto....

Shifting through 5 or 6 gears with or without a clutch is the whole driving experience with a Performance vehicle. PND12R kind of takes the SS out of SS for me...But then again I have no desire for the SS.s of the world. A nice 2.4 auto is just right,
Old 09-29-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
YEah I agree, Unless one has a paddle shifter and can select 5 or six gears with no overrides in an automatic a performance car needs the gears. 1,2, Drive, doesn't cut it.

I would buy a Mazda 3 with an auto but not a Mazda Speed 3 (have not seem one of those with an auto yet) I would buy a Hyundai Genesis Coupe with the 3.0 with auto but not the 3.8.

SS Camaro....5 0r 6 speed manual
RS Camaro Auto....

Shifting through 5 or 6 gears with or without a clutch is the whole driving experience with a Performance vehicle. PND12R kind of takes the SS out of SS for me...But then again I have no desire for the SS.s of the world. A nice 2.4 auto is just right,
But how do I Text, Smoke, and rub off my lottery tickets while shifting.

Fact is most people do not care for it anymore and the companies really do not mind if it goes away either.

Mileage factors like with the skip shift deals in Vettes make for less fun unless modified. In some cases the Auto is just more fun due to the things they have had to use anymore.

I have driven the HHR SS and own a HHR SS Auto with the GM tune. I can say that while shifting would be fun at times most of the time it is nice in city traffic just to enjoy the drive.

Also when I go to sell it I can sell it to just about anyone vs a very limited group of buyers for a standard shift with a worn out clutch and a shifter cable that makes it hard to tell 3rd from 5th.

I have an Fiero and I am the original owner. I have had many other Fiero owners with high mileage cars wish they had an auto with failed slave cylinders. worn shifters, broken clutch pedals and very difficult and expensive clutches to replace.

If I owned a Vette or Solstice for a weekend car I would say 6 speed all the way. But for the daily grind I really do not miss not having a 5 speed.

I am have had my fill with past cars i have owned and got it out of my system.

I have paddle shifters in my GTP and my moms Malibu. They are fun once in while or in the mountains but for the most part they are never used.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 AM

If I'm reading this right, mine is one of only:

4,519 x 71.9% = 3,249 auto SS's made

4,519 x 30.6% = 1,382 victory red SS's made

1,382 x 71.9% = 993victory red auto SS's made

Quick Reply: GM's 2008 HHR Production Numbers