General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

going it to the shop...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:56 PM

Question Going to the shop too I miss him!!!

My poor baby was rear ended on 10/27/2008. I had to fight with the other car's ins co to get him fix, which I lost so Allstate(my ins) has to fix it. I live in Chi so of course I'm not happy about taking the bus and of course it snowed last night sooo: mad:

Anyway, I haven't bee on in a long time and need some advice.

Gomez needs new tires, what should I get??? Plus, if I have been hitting a couple of potholes, should I take him in to get the suspension checked???

I miss my baby.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
That sounds about right, it is a new sound that wasn't there until about a month ago and it has almost a metallic sound to it. Comes and goes, but seems worse when it it cold out side, but goes away after the car is really warmed up
Just not sure I want to take it in for just that.....

Badboy69, let me know what they find.. If they find it.
definitely sounds just like what I was dealing with. It mostly happened when cold and would go away as the vehicle warmed up. The dealer fixed it with no issues when I had the car in for something else.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:13 PM

OK, I may have the video clip thing down? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=MOV02237.flv

I wasn't worried about holding the camera still, so it bounces around much more than it should have. there where some potholes, that is what the train track sound is from. But listen to the buzzing/boiiinging sound.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:31 PM

Hmm its been awhile since my probelm.. it doesn't sound the same but it is somewhat close. It would drive me up a wall so good luck in getting it fixed.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:22 PM

It sounds like a chattering relay, but I don't know what relays (if any) are under there.

Yves
Old 01-07-2009, 04:28 PM

I wasn't worried about holding the camera still, so it bounces around much more than it should have. there where some potholes, that is what the train track sound is from. But listen to the buzzing/boiiinging sound.
Wow that's a nasty sound, i would check for a gremlin under there first.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:06 AM

i have something similar. when the dealer took down my headliner for the safety recall they seemed to loosened up what i think are coardboard thats glued to the headliner. makes a similar sound and drives me crazy. once summer comes its comin down and im gluing that ****. do you have a sunroof?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:51 AM

wow, I would have to say we have very diffrent problems. mine is really more like a bouncing noise only when going on ruff roads, gravel roads or snow muggles. it a much litter noise and it seems to be in the steering columb.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by badboy69
wow, I would have to say we have very diffrent problems. mine is really more like a bouncing noise only when going on ruff roads, gravel roads or snow muggles. it a much litter noise and it seems to be in the steering columb.
well yours probably is in the steering column. That's how it starts, and it gets worse until you have it repaired.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by masterchief1112
i have something similar. when the dealer took down my headliner for the safety recall they seemed to loosened up what i think are coardboard thats glued to the headliner. makes a similar sound and drives me crazy. once summer comes its comin down and im gluing that ****. do you have a sunroof?
Yes I have a sunroof, but I don't think that is it, it's definitely coming from down low. In the video you hear it get louder as I put it under the dash.

Quick Reply: going it to the shop...