General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Goodbye All!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by greyghost
this puppy has a BIG trunk...
IN a Miata?

I almost bought one a few years ago. I hope they have improved since then. An ok car for fun, not as a daily driver. Plus when I found out they were classified as "chick" cars....

Good luck with it.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
IN a Miata?

I almost bought one a few years ago. I hope they have improved since then. An ok car for fun, not as a daily driver. Plus when I found out they were classified as "chick" cars....

Good luck with it.
I agree that in the pastthey were "chick" cars...same thing my coworkers said ...til they saw mine. And drove it as well. This is not the same ol Miata of the past. And for a small car...this trunk does hold a lot. But none the less..its all about the fun. The Miata forum states..if it doesnt fit in the trunk..you dont need it anyway! Talk to you all soon.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by teech
No need to leave...I didn't! I don't post here as much and I've joined up on the Nitro forum as well. I still think that the HHR is cool car, but I also understand the like versus the love! Have fun...I hope to have something zippy in my garage at some point in my life
Never heard of the Nitro before now. It looks like a fine SUV. The last time I looked at Dodge, they were introducing the Caliber.
Good luck with your ride. Hopefully the dodge folks are more receptive to you when you need them than all those GM dealers were. Your dealings with those dealers just exudes frustration. GM lost a customer there , Dodge's gain!

I'll be ready for another Chrysler someday, but I still haven't gotten over my Voyager's need for......... four engines and five transmissions!
Guess I got a lemon there, eh!

But at least one dealer even gave me another new tranny even when the last tranny they put in was out of warranty by a few thousand miles. They must have pitied me

Heck, even my Ford dealer REFUNDED me IN FULL for a clutch job as they said the clutch in my SHO was undersized and it was thier design fault that made it wear out.
Some dealers know how to make you come back. So someday I may own a Ford again because this dealer treated me right.

To all in this thread, enjoy your rides, what ever they may be!
Old 02-06-2007, 10:20 AM

Rock on greyghost! Have fun with it! Did you consider the Solstice or test drive one?
Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
Never heard of the Nitro before now. It looks like a fine SUV. The last time I looked at Dodge, they were introducing the Caliber.
Good luck with your ride. Hopefully the dodge folks are more receptive to you when you need them than all those GM dealers were. Your dealings with those dealers just exudes frustration. GM lost a customer there , Dodge's gain!

I'll be ready for another Chrysler someday, but I still haven't gotten over my Voyager's need for......... four engines and five transmissions!
Guess I got a lemon there, eh!

But at least one dealer even gave me another new tranny even when the last tranny they put in was out of warranty by a few thousand miles. They must have pitied me

Heck, even my Ford dealer REFUNDED me IN FULL for a clutch job as they said the clutch in my SHO was undersized and it was thier design fault that made it wear out.
Some dealers know how to make you come back. So someday I may own a Ford again because this dealer treated me right.

To all in this thread, enjoy your rides, what ever they may be!
yep (not to post-jack),
It wasn't just the dealer though...the hhr just wasn't good for my lifestyle changes...However, I still love the car and may get another one down the line when it can actually be what I intended...my personal tinker-toy.

My dealer woes just made it that much more difficult to make the HHR "work" in my current situation.

THe Nitro has been great so far (even though it too has its first year problems)...biggest difference is that my wife's Dad works for Diamler-Chrysler and they break their necks to make us happy. Insurance is actually $2 cheaper for some reason and I got to get all the features I wanted on my hhr (Sirius, fogs, autostart, RUNNING BOARDS, etc.) for only $50 more a month. I do miss the chevy at the fillup station though (so far it comes out to about 3-5 bucks more a tank).

But back to Greyghost...don't be a stranger...I won't!
Old 02-06-2007, 05:40 PM

Happy Motoring with your Miata! If I was 40 years younger and single I could go for one of those myself
Old 02-06-2007, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by greyghost
Well...I hate to say this but...I found a car that I liked better and a deal that I couldnt pass up. Sooooooo....I traded my HHR Saturday for a 2006 Miata Grand Touring with every option available. I got a $6000 rebate and a trade in thas was $1000 higher than anywhere else I had looked. I definitely enjoyed my HHR and had fun with it but definitely couldnt pass on this car. I know many of you wont agree with the decision...but I couldnt afford two cars and just HAD to have the Miata...so go ahead...tell me how bad a decision it is! Ultimately, I liked my HHR and I LOVE the Miata. So...I wont be on here much any more. Ill still lurk around occassionally. Good luck to everyone with their HHRs and I hope everyone has fun with the panels and SS models. Here is a pic of my car...Well its not my exact car..as it is 5 degrees BELOW zero today...but it is identical.

Greyghost
1st of all Let me know how it feels doing 140 mph with your hair blowing in the wind, I can only get my HHr to do 110 mph with the sun roof open and I do not have any hair, but please let me know how it feels, I always wanted to know back in the day when I had hair.

Now 2nd of all I have spoken to a lot of others on this site who do not have a HHr why do you have to go . (Well I don't think so). So please just keep us informed of how your new ride is treating you. I will not say goodby to you because deep down inside I know you will be back again, and again and yes again.

Later Bro and Enjoy your new ride

Rudy (Z-Man) aka Latino Lunch Box

Last edited by Z-Man; 02-06-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:01 PM

Z-Man, I couldn't of said it better.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:17 PM

Good luck with the new ride. Zoom Zoom Zoom!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by JESSE
Zoom Zoom Zoom!
Brings back memories.

Like the time my sister tried that and "zoom zoom zoomed" into a field. Thus the reason a 19 year old should not have a Miata

Quick Reply: Goodbye All!!