General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Got in an accident today...My poor HHR :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Deceased

Considering the potential for civil litigation and the possible criminal investigation, its best to keep the name of the business out of it. As a lawyer, I can see suits and counter-suits flying already.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:36 AM

This may be your chance to get a used SS. That looks like Rt301. Don't you just love Maryland drivers in inclement weather? Good luck and glad you're okay.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
Considering the potential for civil litigation and the possible criminal investigation, its best to keep the name of the business out of it. As a lawyer, I can see suits and counter-suits flying already.
Did I mention their name somewhere? :-/ I edited the pictures before I posted (or so I thought), and I thought I tried hard not to mention who they were.... :-/
Old 02-17-2012, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by MeijerLPO
Also, what was that big box truck? A tree service truck? Or a Municipal vehicle?
It apparently was a lovely 1997 GMC C6500...which I looked up, and those can be fairly weighty if they're fully loaded. No idea though if he had anything in there...But the fact that it had enough energy to crash 4 cars in front of it, I think they're pretty serious
Old 02-17-2012, 07:52 PM

Sorry to hear and see that. Hope you are okay physically? Sad to see a aqua blue get hit.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by Jennybeeb
Did I mention their name somewhere? :-/ I edited the pictures before I posted (or so I thought), and I thought I tried hard not to mention who they were.... :-/
You didn't, my reply was just based on a question from MeijerLPO as to what the truck was and whether it was municipal or privately owned, that triggered my "lawyer brain" into the admonishment to keep names out of the post/posts.

You did not mention them by name and I see you blanked it out in your photos, that's a good thing, there will be litigation back on forth over the accident without question.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler Harvey
Sorry to hear and see that. Hope you are okay physically? Sad to see a aqua blue get hit.
Thanks, and I am so incredibly sad about my Aqua Blue - it's true it is "just a car," but at the same time not...I guess they towed her to the Insurance Auto Auctions today - I haven't gotten official word on if she's totaled, but after looking at her again this morning...I think it's probably the case

I am doing alright physically, however, I do now have a better idea of what people mean when they say they feel like they got hit by a truck. I'm trying to keep moving/active when I can, and following the Dr.'s orders...They say I should be back to 75% by Monday :-/
Old 02-17-2012, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
You didn't, my reply was just based on a question from MeijerLPO as to what the truck was and whether it was municipal or privately owned, that triggered my "lawyer brain" into the admonishment to keep names out of the post/posts.

You did not mention them by name and I see you blanked it out in your photos, that's a good thing, there will be litigation back on forth over the accident without question.
Okay phew! lol I was a little concerned that I had accidentally left something in there, and was like Oh No! since I did make effort to remove them :)

It's kind of still just shocking that there I was happily driving my happy Aqua Blue HHR one minute, and boom the next we're talking accident reports, insurance claims, injuries, etc. :-/
Old 02-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Deceased

You do have the option to buy her back from the insurance underwriter and undertake the repairs yourself, but that would leave you with a "salvage" branded title and an essentially worthless vehicle. I would hope that they give you an official notification before auctioning it off, call your agent and clarify what's happening.

Take care of yourself Jenny, the physical injuries are one thing, the mental stress is another. You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:49 PM

hey jenny,

sorry to here about your baby.. first and foremost I am happy to hear you are ok... and even though it sucks, it is still "just a car" and it reacted as the engineers designed it..

Speaking as a person who has totalled one.. (I gotta say i am thankful for the 5 star crash rating and believe it is well earned).. my baby kept me safe, with only minor bruising.. she gave up her vehicular existance to protect me..

Even though i've moved on to another, I will always be greatful for and miss my first

Quick Reply: Got in an accident today...My poor HHR :(