General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Got in an accident today...My poor HHR :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:21 PM

wreck

Jenny,

Look up our gallery pictures of last year. We got rammed by a Ford Pick up and it ended up costing a mint to fix. (due to unseen axle damage) Today it looks and runs just fine so don't dispair.

Would I have rather had another car?, yes. Now that it is fixed are we happy?, yes. Pick a reputable repair facility and you'll be fine. Glad that yours protected you as ours protected me. I got spun 360 degrees then up onto a curb.

QR
Old 02-22-2012, 01:13 AM

Glad to hear you are ok !!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:12 PM

That was a pretty bad accident, Jenny. Doesn't look good for repair of your HHR.

As an insurance professional (damage appraiser), one thing to be mindful of in a multi-vehicle accident is the amount of liability coverage carried by the at-fault vehicle. In this case, they don't have just one vehicle and it's occupants to take car of - they have 4. Appears to be a commercial vehicle of some sort. Hopefully their limits are sufficient to handle all the claims.

( If you are in a 'no fault' state, this doesn't apply... )

Marshall
Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Krash Kadillak
That was a pretty bad accident, Jenny. Doesn't look good for repair of your HHR.

As an insurance professional (damage appraiser), one thing to be mindful of in a multi-vehicle accident is the amount of liability coverage carried by the at-fault vehicle. In this case, they don't have just one vehicle and it's occupants to take car of - they have 4. Appears to be a commercial vehicle of some sort. Hopefully their limits are sufficient to handle all the claims.

( If you are in a 'no fault' state, this doesn't apply... )

Marshall
Definitely a bad accident I think I'm finally starting to recover a bit, my head is feeling quite a bit better in the last day or so...So I think the effects of my concussion are going away, and some of my bruises are starting to look better although I'm still a bit sore :-/

You are definitely correct regarding the liability coverage, at this point, my insurance company has said the same thing - they told me right now it's probably best if I work through them, and then they'll go after the at-fault insurer for whatever they need to get...So my insurance company is covering everything at this moment which has been nice to deal with, although I don't know how many people I've talked to at this point...
Old 02-28-2012, 12:24 AM

I've been offline for several days since my doctor told me the best way to heal from a concussion/brain injury was to do nothing (including computer, TV, etc.)....But wanted to give an update on my HHR

They called me last Thursday, and told me that it was confirmed she is...a total loss

I was a bit sad, and still am...I have searched several places for another HHR around here, but none of the ones I've found seem to peak my interest.

The dealership here had me look at some GMC Terrains, and Chevy Equinoxes and those are nice...But there is no Aqua Blue Metallic option, ha ha I am trying to figure out what I'm going to do....What a tough decision! :-P
Old 02-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Deceased

Sorry to hear that your HHR made the ultimate sacrifice, but I'm glad you're healing up Jenny. It took me a solid week to shake off most the effects from the concussion I suffered in December, now I kid about thinking I was a Wombat named Beryl, but for a while there my head was filled with cobwebs.

Take care and take your time finding a replacement, if you get another HHR that's great, if not...that's OK too. Just make sure you're happy with whatever you pick and be sure to keep us updated.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:33 AM

Newark, Delaware.....
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

(Is this the right color?)

Vineland, NJ...
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 02-28-2012, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Krash Kadillak
Both of those are GOlden Teal. And they are nuts for what they want for that second one.....
Old 02-28-2012, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jennybeeb
I've been offline for several days since my doctor told me the best way to heal from a concussion/brain injury was to do nothing (including computer, TV, etc.)....But wanted to give an update on my HHR

They called me last Thursday, and told me that it was confirmed she is...a total loss

I was a bit sad, and still am...I have searched several places for another HHR around here, but none of the ones I've found seem to peak my interest.

The dealership here had me look at some GMC Terrains, and Chevy Equinoxes and those are nice...But there is no Aqua Blue Metallic option, ha ha I am trying to figure out what I'm going to do....What a tough decision! :-P
One letter: S
Say it again: S

Put 'em together: SS

Of course, if you're not interested in an SS, you'll be able to find one to your liking...how far of a radius from where you live have you looked? If you're willing to drive a bit, you'll probably find one. Sorry that yours was totalled...been there done that with a couple of rides, and it's a major downer for sure. Best of luck finding another HHR...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:36 AM

HHR Wreck

Jenny,

Glad you are on the mend, a replacement HHR is the easy part~! (the fact that you are looking means you are getting well, I believe)

QuickRick

Quick Reply: Got in an accident today...My poor HHR :(