General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Got in an accident today...My poor HHR :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:32 AM

They make something else besides the SS?
Have a imperial blue 07 with wood sides if your interested....
Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 AM

Jenny, sorry about your accident, the main thing is you are recovering, and as cool as the HHR is it is only a car and can be replaced!!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:35 AM

Been There, Done That!
$7500.00 later it's on the road again and looking good!
No Airbag deployment saved it from doom.
Good Luck with everything!
Name:  2011-10-13160044.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  56.6 KB
Old 03-01-2012, 01:26 AM

Hey All!

Still recovering from the accident, got the authorization to return to work tomorrow

Doctor told me I won't be 100% for a couple of months though, as apparently it takes quite a bit of time for the body to heal Kind of wish I could be like Gumby and change back to normal quickly! ha ha

I ended up purchasing a 2012 GMC Terrain yesterday as my HHR replacement since I needed a vehicle ASAP, but I think I am going to keep my eyes peeled for other Aqua Blue Metallic HHRs out there...Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be one somewhere someday that's a good deal?

There is a Terrain Forum I found, but so far I'm not liking it as much as the HHR forum <sniff, sniff> Maybe I'll just hang out over here for the company while hoping an Aqua Blue HHR shows up
Old 03-01-2012, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chevrolaine
Been There, Done That!
$7500.00 later it's on the road again and looking good!
No Airbag deployment saved it from doom.
Good Luck with everything!
Boooo! That doesn't look good either It looks like it's in a garage though? Were you able to still drive it?

I asked for the estimate they came up with for the repairs, they said ~$8700 (I think it was actually something funny like $8673 or...something? haha)

And she told me that was just for visible damage, nothing "hidden," so she said it could even end up being higher than that.

I think the Front + Airbag + Rear did her in...Maybe if she just had Rear + Airbag, or Front + Airbag or something then it would have been okay. The sandwich effect definitely didn't do it any good :-/

Glad to hear they were able to fix yours though - how is it now?
Old 03-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Deceased

Congrats on your new ride Jenny, glad you found something, and even though its a GMC you sure don't have to stop hanging out here. It will take you time to get back to 100%, don't rush things and let yourself heal.

Chevrolaine really took a hard shot in the butt, but looking at the damage reminds me of what my Paddy-Wagon looked like on December 23rd of last year.

I didn't have any bags deploy when I was hit by a drunk driver, and that saved Paddy from the salvage yard. Thanks to an amazing body shop here, and $6,243.21 worth of repairs, my little critter is as good as new. Someday I'll post up the pics of the wreck, the tear-down at the body shop, and the repairs in progress. But for now I just keep them filed away on the hard drive, looking at them makes me sick to be honest, and the scars on my face from taking out the driver's side window don't help that.

Here's the finished result, the shop matched the Silverstone Metallic paint perfectly, and my HHR was one of the first through their new $1.5 million dollar spray booth and low temp bake oven.

Just a few things that were done....

Left rear quarter panel inner and outer replaced.

Left rear door replaced.

Rear suspension replaced, including control arm mounts.

Left rear wheel and tire.

Rear bumper and all impact absorbing substructures.

All left side glass.

Driver's door inner panel...crushed it with my knee...50+ stitches required.

Interior removed and body shell mounted on a frame jig to check for "twisting or out of square".

And it goes on for eight pages....All replacement parts were new GM parts out of the box, no salvage parts or pattern parts were used in the repairs.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
Here's the finished result, the shop matched the Silverstone Metallic paint perfectly, and my HHR was one of the first through their new $1.5 million dollar spray booth and low temp bake oven.
Geez.........Seems not that long ago when some body shops I went to complained about having to make a $60k investment in a new spray booth.........and I've never seen a shop with a low temp bake oven.

Marshall
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 843de

Just a few things that were done....

Left rear quarter panel inner and outer replaced.

Left rear door replaced.

Rear suspension replaced, including control arm mounts.

Left rear wheel and tire.

Rear bumper and all impact absorbing substructures.

All left side glass.

Driver's door inner panel...crushed it with my knee...50+ stitches required.

Interior removed and body shell mounted on a frame jig to check for "twisting or out of square".

And it goes on for eight pages....All replacement parts were new GM parts out of the box, no salvage parts or pattern parts were used in the repairs.
Sounds like you got hurt pretty bad too

Your HHR looks absolutely fabulous now, that is absolutely fantastic that they were able to match the paint and get her all put back together again - she looks brand new in the pic!

That is incredibly awesome that they were able to use all brand new parts too...I feel so bad about my HHR, I just imagine it sitting out by itself somewhere lonely...I probably should stop doing that, but I really did love that car, lol

Drove the Terrain down to work today, it did really well - definitely going to take a bit to get used to though from the HHR. Surprisingly the HHR & Terrain's dimensions aren't all that different, but they seem like two different worlds!

I ended up going with the 2.4L 4cyl. in the Terrain, but it's a completely different 2.4L than the HHR - it has the DI & VVT, so it sounds different even...I've been reading the Terrain forums, and I'm just crossing my fingers I don't experience too many problems with it - I definitely got lucky with my HHR, so I'm hoping for the same with the Terrain :-/
Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 PM

Jenny, stay around, one will show up, is that the rare kinda pealy aqua color< almost baught one in a panel, and saw one passenger model, those were the only two I have seen!!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by gguy1
Jenny, stay around, one will show up, is that the rare kinda pealy aqua color< almost baught one in a panel, and saw one passenger model, those were the only two I have seen!!
Yeah I'm starting to think it's a pretty rare color as I have only really ever seen a handful of them around here...Definitely going to keep my eyes open though!

I believe I found one on eBay last night that's the right color...However, when I viewed the vehicle history report it says it had an accident and the report says Unibody Damage.

Not real familiar with purchasing used cars these days and all the history reports, and such...(My car prior to the HHR was 12 years old, so I'm out of the loop) So I'm not sure if it has a salvage title or if it's clean and just had an accident and is good now...or what? Looks pretty good in the pics though, I absolutely love that color, ha ha! :)

Quick Reply: Got in an accident today...My poor HHR :(