General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Got a Call From My HHR Salesman

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:23 PM

Got a Call From My HHR Salesman

I thought it was kind of nice of him to call to congratulate me on owning my HHR for a year. I never got that kind of treatment from the Ford dealer. He asked how it was performing and I replied it was running great. Then I finally figured out the true purpose of his call. He wanted to again try to sell me an extended warranty! I replied that I had so few problems, I didn't expect to need one. I also stated that I was waiting for upgrades to the HHR and would probably buy a new one in a few years.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:45 PM

I got one too, but I had already purchased the extended warrenty, it was just a genuine "Congrats" call
Old 06-22-2007, 07:10 PM

For a while i was getting a call about once a week from my sales man, but he knows that i will buy Chevy again, and he wants it to be from him.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:44 PM

I heard from mine frequently until i told them i filled out the satisfaction survey, then i never heard form them again. Shame i filled the survey out after i told them i did just to gauge it.

I havent heard from my salesman in probably 10 months, nor the dealership. However, the one that helped me out with my washer fluid issue has called a few times.

One year in 2 days!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 PM

I stop by my dealership pretty regularly to check out their inventory and get things taken care of on my HHR. My salesman had quit and went to work for a Kia dealer that was closer to home (he drives 50 miles each way). When I was there having the oil change a week or so ago and having the running boards looked at, when I was done I was going to walk the lot and look for a panel HHR. To my surprise, when I got out of my car, he walked up to me and said hey Deb...that HHR of yours is sure looking nice. Well...it seems he didn't like selling Kia's, so he came back the the Chevy dealer. Then...last week, I got a letter from him wishing me happy birthday...said he had a tickler file to remind him and just wanted to wish me a special day.

He also calls me when something new and different on the HHR shows up on the lot or he hears of anything NASCAR in town. They had a show car display of the Goodwrench #3 Dale Earnhardt and #29 Kevin Harvick cars a while back and he called me to make sure I knew about it. He's one heck of a guy and he has told me if I ever have and issue with something in the service dept to just let him know and he'd help me out. Glad to have a salesman that doesn't blow you off once the sale of the car is done.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Banned

My HHR salesman is a good friend of mine, and he's in real estate now...

I still get calls from the dealership I bought my old Blazer from. Even though I don't live in Kansas City anymore, they still find it necessary to keep me on their automated Sprint voice mail list. Very annoying sometimes.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:10 AM

mY SALESMAN IS MY FRIEND SO WE SEE EACH OTHER OFTEN
Old 06-23-2007, 09:42 AM

I was also researching the Ford Escape Hybrid when I made the choice of purchasing the HHR. Now the Ford dealer sends me something at least once a month. I had owned Fords for 14 years before buying the HHR and had bought 3 from that dealer. Their loss, not mine!
Old 06-23-2007, 10:52 AM

Dealership

Any good Sales Person / Dealership should keep open communications with their customers. I have been lucky enough to have a great family owned dealership close to my home. My HHR is the third vehicle I have purchased from them.

I live in the Houston area. We have more car dealer here than I have ever seen. The largest Chevy Dealer in the world is located here, and they have a terrible reputation for service after the sale.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by max3456
The largest Chevy Dealer in the world is located here, and they have a terrible reputation for service after the sale.
Is it Bill Heard Chevrolet?

Quick Reply: Got a Call From My HHR Salesman