General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Got insulted :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 03:46 PM

Got insulted :(

Today my plow guy said I had a nice PT Cruiser After I recovered from the shock :O I told him it was a HHR,and he said now he knew why it looked better then other PT Cruisers he saw SO I paid my plow bill with a smile Happy New Year

Old 12-30-2012, 04:31 PM

I am surprised that is the first time. Most people dont have a clue what an HHR is.
I have a Panel and my favorite is when people asked me why I covered the windows...
Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 PM

This happened to me the other day at advanced auto. The guy in line In front of me was talking about brakes for his Camaro. He asked what kind of rotors I had on my pt cruiser :o...... I guess he noticed them when I pulled in right after him. I told him I had ordered them online and I'm sure they carried them for his mustang as well. Bwhahaha :-)....
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 PM

Smile Camaro

I like it Prince!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 AM

Had it happen many times
One guy buying some auto parts from me said I did not know that the PT cruiser ever came with a turbo and ss badges.

One other time was when a friend of mine told me that I would not even be able to spin the tires since a coworker bought a PT cruiser turbo and talked it up and he said it was a dud.
I assured him it would spin the tires even from a roll.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by prince_bigd
This happened to me the other day at advanced auto. The guy in line In front of me was talking about brakes for his Camaro. He asked what kind of rotors I had on my pt cruiser :o...... I guess he noticed them when I pulled in right after him. I told him I had ordered them online and I'm sure they carried them for his mustang as well. Bwhahaha :-)....
That comment just made me almost fall outta my chair..
Old 12-31-2012, 11:52 AM

People who mistake the two have no appreciation for styling, and no eye for proportions. They also have no interest in what's inside a car, lol. The driveline in the HHR is FAR superior to any PT cruiser I've driven. Most PT's I've ever come across have actually felt like they were going to fall apart...
Old 12-31-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by prince_bigd
Prince That is Classic!!

IMO the HHR has better looks then the PT,better cut of the body etc, Now the PT is a fine car but ive never been a Dodge fan either,, A buddy is Crazy Mopar, He drives and races nothing but Mopar, and he does well :) The PT is what got me interested in the style, When I saw the HHR the rest is historyt :)
Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 PM

I'm the first to admit that the HHR was a blatant rip off of the PT Cruiser, but the HHR was done so much better (more practical, better looking, better fuel economy, more engine options) that I'm comfortable with that.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 PM

Had someone tell me,wow thats a nice looking PT Cruiser. I told them........that ain't no PT Loser,its got a Bowtie on the grill

Quick Reply: Got insulted :(