General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Got a Pontiac Vibe instead of an HHR.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 AM

Being 6'-5" . . . you would be a VERY tight fit in a HHR, I'm 6'-1" and my hair brushes the headliner.

Enjoy the Vibe. At least you bought the GM version! :)
Old 11-21-2008, 10:02 AM

I', 6' 3" and have no issues with my head hitting, although I do have a sun roof and leave the cover open. I did have to add the light in sight prism for the Michigan traffic lights though. It has made my life much easier.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:07 AM

i'm 6'2" and my hair doesn't touch, i have the sunroof too, so it's a bit lower.

You need to lean back, relax, and enjoy the ride a bit (i sit pretty far back and down)
Old 11-21-2008, 12:21 PM

The Vibe is a fine car and I considered one too. But I dislike the recent redesign and would have had to buy a previous generation one used and I wanted to stick with a new vehicle. Plus the SS is just too sweet a package to pass up. I'm just under 6.0' and had no visibility issues with the one I test drove.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:43 PM

You will be very pleased RoadDawg, if you can handle the manual (no offense meant) change up that order? I wish I had my car winding down highway 1 right now ....well minus the falling sandstone chunks
Old 11-21-2008, 02:54 PM

Congrats on the new ride. I to was down to ether the Vibe or HHR. The Vibe was nice to drive and the manual tranny shifted a lot smother. However, it didn't have as much power or room. Plus I was able to get a new HHR for a lot less cash than the Vibe so the HHR won out.

By the way I am 6'2" tall and am able to get buy with my HHR. I had to get one without a sun roof though, my head kept rubbing the roof.

I hope I choose the correct car. I keep reading about the many problems that some others seem to have and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. So far other than warped rotors all seem well after 10K.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:32 PM

im 6'3'' and have no issues with my car.. did at first with stop lights.. but totally use to it now
Old 11-21-2008, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Clevelandhhrss
You will be very pleased RoadDawg, if you can handle the manual (no offense meant) change up that order? I wish I had my car winding down highway 1 right now ....well minus the falling sandstone chunks
The SS is staying an auto as it's going to be my dedicated daily driver and my commute is through a whole lotta of stinky traffic. But I do keep a couple of other rides in the garage for gear banging fun. And speaking of CA-Hwy 1, that's just where this one went on a blast south from Monterey to Morro Bay recently:

Sweet machine, this '08 Bullitt is the seventh Mustang I've owned and is by far the best of the bunch.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:17 PM

Yeah, I much prefer the style of the HHR, but I just couldn't make it work for me. At least my Vibe has the monotone appearance package which makes a world of difference in the looks of a Vibe.

Generally speaking, GM has the best looking cars, IMHO, and I do prefer to buy American, even though the concepts of foreign and domestic are very blurry these days. The Vibe is built in America (NUMMI plant in CA) on the same lines as the Toyota Corolla. The Matrix is built elsewhere, believe it or not.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rcflyboy
Congrats on the new ride. I to was down to ether the Vibe or HHR. The Vibe was nice to drive and the manual tranny shifted a lot smother. However, it didn't have as much power or room. Plus I was able to get a new HHR for a lot less cash than the Vibe so the HHR won out.

By the way I am 6'2" tall and am able to get buy with my HHR. I had to get one without a sun roof though, my head kept rubbing the roof.

I hope I choose the correct car. I keep reading about the many problems that some others seem to have and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. So far other than warped rotors all seem well after 10K.
Thanks! All car makes can have problems and usually those who are having a problem are the loudest on internet boards so I wouldn't worry too much about your car. Just drive it and enjoy and only worry about problems if they become a reality.

Quick Reply: Got a Pontiac Vibe instead of an HHR.