General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Grille Tutorial

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:09 AM

Dan, That is a great looking job you did with your grille! The billet grilles definitely look much better when you can retain the original upper bar!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Alzonie
Dan, That is a great looking job you did with your grille! The billet grilles definitely look much better when you can retain the original upper bar!
Thanks Alzonie, I opted for the Stull grille because it does retain the upper bar and the side trim. To me it just has more of a finished look.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by john 11
I found this on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...QQcmdZViewItem

I have asked him a few questions and asked him to send picts. He is a newbie on eBay only 2 feedback comments, both positive. Might even be someone on this forum. Just thought I would share it.

Dan, All of the work you put into that grill was worth it, it looks great on your car. It is really the only grill I have seen so far that I like as well as the stock, except maybe for the one "Songman" has photoshoped.
According to the description, it has the grille shell pre-installed. If that's the case, that is the one I think I would want. Then I could keep the stock one...
Old 08-25-2006, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by crazybob
According to the description, it has the grille shell pre-installed. If that's the case, that is the one I think I would want. Then I could keep the stock one...
Crazybob

Yes that is how I read it too, but I sent him an eMail asking that question and I have had no response yet. I am concerned that he is very new to eBay with very little feedback, so I will wait and see if he responds. I will let you know.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:18 PM

Any response?
Old 08-27-2006, 06:53 AM

Any response?

No Nothing
Old 08-27-2006, 10:11 PM

Well, then that's off my list. When I ask a seller a question on eBay if I get slow or no response, I don't bid.

EDIT: I just sent the seller my inquiry as well. So I'll reserve judgement for later...
Old 08-28-2006, 07:28 PM

New Grill on eBay

Well, then that's off my list. When I ask a seller a question on eBay if I get slow or no response, I don't bid.

EDIT: I just sent the seller my inquiry as well. So I'll reserve judgement for later...

Crazybob

I just received a response from the eBay seller. Maybe they are not open on weekends and that is the reason for the slow response This is his response to my questions. It does sound good though, but I think I will wait and see if anyone else has any experience. I am really waiting to see what Mike@ SoCal comes up with.

Item: Chevy HHR Billet Grille Combo (Upper and Lower Grille) (280021543105)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
viva_automotive is the seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

thanks for looking. i dont have any other photos and they are all selaed and ready to ship so sorry on the photo. this is a 3 piece combo. it comes with the shelle the upper grille and the lower grille. the install is really simple all you do is take out the stock grille and drille 2 hole and then install the new grille. there is no cutting. as for the upper only, we can not split this up as we get them as a package.
thanks
k.c

I hope this helps.
Has anyone else ordered from this eBayer.?
He only has 2 feedbacks so he/she is very new to eBay.

So Mike (SoCal) anything in the works? Should I wait?
Old 08-28-2006, 10:41 PM

From what I can see this is a nice looking grille. My only concern is for the grille shell. I would bet that they're getting the grilles from stull which is nice, then they're probably having someone else cast and chrome the plastic shell. This is where my concern would be. Depending on what process is used in chroming the plastic shell will determine how long it will hold up to the environment. I know the OEM shell should last many years because of the process used, but if these folks are chroming plastic like the manufactures did in the early years of chroming plastic it will eventually fade, peal, crack, etc. At these prices it's hard for me to imagine they're using a real high end process.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by dan-d
From what I can see this is a nice looking grille. My only concern is for the grille shell. I would bet that they're getting the grilles from stull which is nice, then they're probably having someone else cast and chrome the plastic shell. This is where my concern would be. Depending on what process is used in chroming the plastic shell will determine how long it will hold up to the environment. I know the OEM shell should last many years because of the process used, but if these folks are chroming plastic like the manufactures did in the early years of chroming plastic it will eventually fade, peal, crack, etc. At these prices it's hard for me to imagine they're using a real high end process.

Dan
Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines. I wish the shell was metal, but would probably be a lot more expensive.

Quick Reply: Grille Tutorial