General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Happy Trails folks, end of the line 4 me.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:57 AM

You can get rid of the car, but you can't get rid of us. No need to leave....your opinions are always welcome and valued here.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:19 AM

I had a GMC pickup that could not go more than 200 miles without needing its rear brakes replaced. After 24 repairs in 18 months, I initiated a Lemon Law buy-back.

My Aveo, which I traded for the HHR, only had a problem where the clock would DIM off.

I swear that buying a car is a crap shoot.

I gave up buying used cars, I can always ended up with a junker. But the used car I picked out for my mother lasted for almost 15 years. Go Figure.

Good luck.

-JJ
Old 07-08-2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by CameraCrew
Well folks, it's been fun. but it's time to move on...after 4 trips to the dealer in 6 months of ownership, I no longer trust or have confidence in the HHR..so it's gone...buh bye, adios, don't let the screen door hit you on the way out, gone.
It was fun at first, and you guys are awesome...but there are way too many fuel injector problems in these things. The fuel mileage was awful with the 2.4 , way less than what is advertised.
Doing research has shown me that the 'claimed' fuel mpg is no where near the actual real life mpg...and you add the constant "service engine" light issues and injector woes doesn't speak well for reliability.
Our insurance agent told us that more and more HHR's are being traded in for the same poor mpg issues.
I know, I know, some of you will take issue and claim high mpg, but this thread isn't about arguing that point...it's just to say goodbye and why.
You all know how it is with material objects, once you lose confidence or trust in something to work, you never have a good feeling about that object again.
I have been a member of several owner forums over the past few years, and I will tell you that you guys are the among the best. Always helpful, rarely critical, friendly and patient. For example, the Solstice owners are rude, arrogant and have that " I'm the center of attention" attitude that the stuck up rich kids in high school had. But that's the nature of the Solstice, people that own that car like being the center of attention and want to stand out.
Whereas you HHR owners seem to want to be together as a unit, and help each other and aren't jealous or always trying to top each other...you guys actually care about each other...and I will miss that comradeship.
Since some of you will ask, I bought a Mazda 5. Same type of vehicle.
You guys be safe, enjoy your Summer and I'll see you down the road.
Ed
Wow that's scary. I have had no problems yet but I own a 2.2 Liter. I am hoping that there is differance. I know little about cars. I used to work on cars as a young guy in the 70's. Cars have changed so much. Used to fiddle with the carb. Lean, rich. This fuel injector stuff? Don't know. I better start using fuel injector cleaner evetyweek.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:42 PM

Good luck with your Mazda 5. I drove the Grand Touring, very nice car.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:23 PM

Sad to hear you get rid of your HHR but i understand you. So let me tell you
Old 07-08-2007, 05:48 PM

Hate to lose a good one...But totally understand...our first born 06 2lt was bought back by GM for starting problems...so far the 07 2lt is doing fine???? Good Luck with the Mazda..keep in touch...RR
Old 07-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Sometimes you just gotta do whatcha gotta do! I had an '89 Ford Tempo a few years back, and although we liked the car,it turned into a money pit after 2 or 3 years. Finally had to just give up on it. We haven't had any of your problems with our HHR in almost 2 years, but it is an LS, so maybe there is some sort of quirk with the 2.4 Engine. Anyway, good luck with your Mazda.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:00 PM

Good luck w/ the Mazda and sorry it didn't work out. Nothing worse than an undependable car. I hate my wife's 02 CR-V. It's had this clunk in the front suspension or steering that after 5 trips to the shop, still isn't fixed. (still did it under warranty) The seat belt retractors are crap, also. But with 102k miles on it now, it's bought and paid for.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:48 PM

Good luck, Camera Crew. I'll miss you for sure! I had a Mazda626 5-door years ago that was a hellova car - boy did I love that car! Probably a great choice for you. I haven't put enough miles on mine to even comment on quality issues, but I am very sorry that you had so many bad experiences in a short time. In fact, I hope you come back this time next year and tell us how the Mazda has performed for you. BTW, the actual MPG that we get on our Magnum is also nowhere near what is posted unless we drive it 60mph freeway -- and that's no fun, is it? I believe the industry is working on fixing those stickers to a more truthful estimate. Too late for all of us, huh??
Old 07-08-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by JJ_HHR
I swear that buying a car is a crap shoot.
Amen to that! And applies to all makes and models

Goose

Quick Reply: Happy Trails folks, end of the line 4 me.