General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Has Anyone Used Clear Kote cleaning products????

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 05:48 PM

Angry Has Anyone Used Clear Kote cleaning products????

Well i won a bunch of cleaning product wax etc etc... at the last Cedar Point meet, so i decided to try some of it out so i cleaned my car and used the vinyl/rubber dressing well this product SUCKS!!! and actually im quite i put it on my rubber molding on the exterior around my windows, well it looked good until the next time i washed it and now the rubber is white and it wasn't before. So i went out and spent 7 bucks on back to black and to no avail it did not work. so needless to say i will not use any of these products ever again, now my window molding looks like complete crap. Talk about an eyesore, luckily i didn't spend money on all this, but instead my molding that should be black is now white. sooo what should i do now any suggestions???

Last edited by xzombiex66; 09-07-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:58 PM

black trim paint..SEM makes some decent stuff that would work
Old 09-06-2008, 06:49 PM

Chad. I got some of the same wax at Cedar Point meet and had the same thing happen to my wife's van. Looked great at first then after a day of driving it through the rain the molding turned a milky white black color. Been a month and it still looks like crap. Glad I did not put it on my HHR. Let me know if you find a way to make the molding black again.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:30 PM

Try Turtle Wax Ice - this stuff works great on paint, plastic and rubber.
No white residue and a fabulous long lasting shine

Maybe you should give it a try to remove thet crappy stuff you used ...
Old 09-06-2008, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
Well i won a buch of cleaning product wax etc etc... at the last Cedar Point meet, so i decided to try some of it out so i cleaned my car and used the vinyl/rubber dressing well this product SUCKS!!! and actually im quite i put it on my rubber molding on the exterior around my windows, well it looked good until the next time i washed it and now the rubber is white and it wasn't before. So i went out and spent 7 bucks on back to black and to no avail it did not work. so needless to say i will not use any of these products ever again, now my window molding looks like complete crap. Talk about an eyesore, luckily i didn't spend money on all this, but instead my molding that should be black is now white. sooo what should i do now any suggestions???
try some Poorboy's Trim restorer Seems to work good on Black Plastics, Maybe their All purpose cleaner too.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Banned

Contact the manufacturer and demand that they pay for the replacement moldings.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Rcflyboy
Chad. I got some of the same wax at Cedar Point meet and had the same thing happen to my wife's van. Looked great at first then after a day of driving it through the rain the molding turned a milky white black color. Been a month and it still looks like crap. Glad I did not put it on my HHR. Let me know if you find a way to make the molding black again.
This is bull crap man, so its happened to two of us now, I'm pretty pissed about this.

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Contact the manufacturer and demand that they pay for the replacement moldings.
I seriously think that i will go this route on Monday.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:27 AM

Never heard of this stuff.

Before I make them replace parts that would require me to rip the door open I would try some different cleaners to take it off. More than likely it's just a coating,.

In some cases a little WD40 sprayed onto a rag will remove it and then was the WD40 off. WD40 is a oil but also a light solvent that cleans glues and other light coatings off things.

The coat this modlings with 303 Protectant or other know rubber protectant.

To be honest I seldom cost these moldingas if you keep them clean they hold up well.

I also have used Black Chrome polish with no problems it I had the need.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:04 AM

Chad and Mike, try contacting GDZHHR (Mike). He is the Supporting Vendor that carries this product and see what he has to say.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Chad and Mike, try contacting GDZHHR (Mike). He is the Supporting Vendor that carries this product and see what he has to say.
I do not carry the product. I suggest contacting ClearKote directly.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Used Clear Kote cleaning products????