General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Headrest mounted DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 05:59 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Wow, those are down to $70? Why bother with a built-in one when the portable ones are so cheap?
Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Because built in ones look nice
Also harder to steal!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:59 PM

I like being able to take it out and use it anywhere. can't really do that with the headrest. I'll admit that the mounting bracket ain't pretty, but neither are broken windows and missing headrests.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
We picked up one at target during christmas for under $70. It attatches to a holded you put on the headrest poles. You can quickly detactch the unit by itself or the whole thing. Comes with a rechargable battery; fm broadcast to play through radio, two small built-in speakers, remote.

Works real nice. I like being able to use it in any of our cars and have the option of taking it on trips to watch movies anywhere. I'll see if I can find out what brand it is.
That's the same one that I have! Works great and, as a bonus, can be run on a battery somewhere else. It was a lifesaver for the 2 year old while waiting for her sister at the hospital.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by bdubsee
That's the same one that I have! Works great and, as a bonus, can be run on a battery somewhere else. It was a lifesaver for the 2 year old while waiting for her sister at the hospital.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It has been great for our two-year old too!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I like being able to take it out and use it anywhere. can't really do that with the headrest. I'll admit that the mounting bracket ain't pretty, but neither are broken windows and missing headrests.
If you run into a store and leve the player on the back of the headrest they can be taken alot faster than the built in ones can be, once the window is broke.
Nowdays it really doesnt matter of they want it they will get it, mounted or removeable.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
Nowdays it really doesnt matter of they want it they will get it, mounted or removeable.
Too true!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:16 AM

Then we need to mount these in our HHRs and wear a mobile headset being ever vigil, never sleeping, just waiting for those bastiches to break in..........!

USB-powered gun turret for real
http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives...t_for_real.htm

Now reality killing can be really like a video game for us.... l
But we'll teach'em a lesson along the way!
Old 04-24-2007, 05:13 PM

The portable DVD player allowed us to remove it or store it when not in the vehicle. My son also enjoyed taking it with him on school band trips while in high school. With an extra battery available, they had movies the entire trip.

I agree that entertained children are quiet children but you have to have the headsets. I hate hearing the action while driving and not being able to see it. How did we survive when all we could do was play "I Spy" or "license plate bingo" while on long trips?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
The portable DVD player allowed us to remove it or store it when not in the vehicle. My son also enjoyed taking it with him on school band trips while in high school. With an extra battery available, they had movies the entire trip.

I agree that entertained children are quiet children but you have to have the headsets. I hate hearing the action while driving and not being able to see it. How did we survive when all we could do was play "I Spy" or "license plate bingo" while on long trips?
Well, the family word games are going the way of the oral tradition as we all drive about within our own isolation booths. My daughter is struggling to read in the car as she tends to get a bit queezy when doing so.

She can watch the TV but is preferring the solace of books at her advanced age of seven! We are supportive in this, though it may cut down on our word games while drivning .
Old 04-25-2007, 04:48 PM

Harpo, try Brainquest. They are a block of long thin plastic-coated cards attached together with questions on all different subjects. You can usually find them at Sam's Club and they are availabe for different age groups. Using those on long trips was when I finally learned my boys are much smarter than I am. Or, should I say, they retained a lot more useless information than I did!

Quick Reply: Headrest mounted DVD player