General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Help! Looking for Insurance!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:00 AM
jx3

We have USAA for our auto coverage. As far as the rates go, our rates our probably the highest of any member here. We have to have outragous coverage to protect family assests.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:02 AM

I currently us American National Property & Casualty aka ANPAC, who operates in all 50 states. They are a multi-line insurance company provides all your insurance needs. They even have a special program for cars more than 25 years old called CHROME which covers the following type cars at a very good rate.

Classic/Antique, restored to original condition and at least 25 years old
Hot Rod/Street Rod, modified, built before 1949
Replica/Kit Car
Original un-restored and at least 25 years old
Modified/Custom, modified, built after 1948, and at least 25 years old
Exotic, rare or unique, in excess of $50,000 in appraised value

I have been with them about 6 or 7 years and went with them when Henry's insurance was being non-renewed, as the company he was with was pulling out of doing business in Colorado. We currently have 3 cars covered with them for $166.50 per month...which is full coverage on 2 and liability on the other. This takes into account a couple minor tickets that Henry has as, with his insurance being about $60 a month for liability, which is about what I pay for full coverage on the HHR. They are a great company and the insurance is deducted from my checking account monthly without any extra service charges being applied for that service.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:12 AM

We have Am. Family. 2 cars and a house all the same. Are agent is great. If we need anything the wife will send an email and she gets right back to us.
We pay a little more a month but we have glass and rental on both the cars. Ame. Family is always checking up on us to see if we need to increase or decrease anything. I am happy with them so far and been with them for over 3 years. Wife has been with the same agent for over 5 years.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 PM

progressive drive insurance, for 2 cars, the hhr and the 04 cavi, we are paying 1100 a year. im 28 and she is 26, married, 1 kid, i have 1 speeding ticket, 1 at fault, which wasnt my fault but the guy ran and we had to pay, and 3 no fualts, she has nothing.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:13 PM

There are very few auto insurers in Massachusetts. None of 'em want to do business here. Not Progressive, not Geico......even State Farm pulled out.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:59 PM

I have Essurance also. I'm happy to be with them. I just changed my deductable to $100.00 on comprehensive, was $500.00 and it cost me a whopping $7.00 for six months. I figured it was a good move in case I catch a stone with my window.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I currently us American National Property & Casualty aka ANPAC, who operates in all 50 states. They are a multi-line insurance company provides all your insurance needs. They even have a special program for cars more than 25 years old called CHROME which covers the following type cars at a very good rate.

Classic/Antique, restored to original condition and at least 25 years old
Hot Rod/Street Rod, modified, built before 1949
Replica/Kit Car
Original un-restored and at least 25 years old
Modified/Custom, modified, built after 1948, and at least 25 years old
Exotic, rare or unique, in excess of $50,000 in appraised value

I have been with them about 6 or 7 years and went with them when Henry's insurance was being non-renewed, as the company he was with was pulling out of doing business in Colorado. We currently have 3 cars covered with them for $166.50 per month...which is full coverage on 2 and liability on the other. This takes into account a couple minor tickets that Henry has as, with his insurance being about $60 a month for liability, which is about what I pay for full coverage on the HHR. They are a great company and the insurance is deducted from my checking account monthly without any extra service charges being applied for that service.

I could of payed 120 dollors a year for my '64 chevy truck, but when I had it all done it was aprazed at $32.000.00. Had to get a package on that one.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:12 AM

Just my two cents. I work in the insurance industry (don't hate me). Not all policies are created equal. I deal with the repair industry every day, and every company is different in what they cover. I work for one of the large insurance companies, I've seen customers that have had modified vehicles that have change companies for a better rate or so they thought. One customer had a Ford F250 with a Roll-Along package on it. It was stolen his new company said they would not cover any of the Roll-Along package, billet grille, running boards, wheels, paint or interior since he did not ADD the coverage for modified vehicle or customizing. The addl coverage would have far exceeded any savings and would have ended up costing far more. Fortunately for him his policy with the company I work for had not yet been cancelled and did not require any addl endorsements for coverage. When comparing coverage ask lot of questions, are any modifications covered without any addl cost or endorsements, are there any mileage restrictions, does the company offer multiple car discounts, multi line discounts i.e., homeowners, life, personal umbrella, don’t assume when you tell a agent or company rep you want full coverage that you will get it. If you want rental coverage ask for it. If you aren’t sure what the coverage is, ask. What is covered and how much? Just a little word of caution, some insurers work deals with the auto body repair industry to get repairs done for them at a highly discounted rate, and use large numbers of aftermarket part to complete repairs, something think about. If you are in business how happy would you be to work for less than some other companies would pay for the same repairs and using parts that in most cases do not fit or do not meet the quality and safety standard of OE parts. Yet those companies have rates that are close to the same as other companies and sometimes higher. Stay with quality insurance companies, ask lots of questions, ask some body shops which companies are the best to work with.

Last edited by HHRnoPT; 08-05-2006 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:55 AM

If anyone is GM family plan, you can get a good deal through GMAC. We got both our cars, including a fully modified Jeep for $920 per year for comprehensive, 500 ded. Not a bad price for Cali.
If you aren't GM, the cheapest I've found besides that was Wawanesa and 21st Century.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:27 PM

I've been with State Farm since I turned 16, which was 17 years ago. I have been very pleased with them. I've had two wrecks, and neither one of them increased my rates.

Also, according to my agent, they will cover any aftermarket part on or in my vehicles as long as I have pictures of them installed.

Quick Reply: Help! Looking for Insurance!