General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR costars in this Deer vs Dog video

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 PM

To those with empty freezers. Someone noted that this was an urban neighborhood. If you were to use a weapon with the power to take down the deer in this setting there are a couple negatives for you to consider. Illegal useage of said weapon, be it gun or bow. And is the deer in season for the area? Also said attacked dog is not dead and long gone leaving you there in the neighborhood with a weapon in hand and a dead deer possibly not in season.

Not saying anybody would or did do this just playing devils advocate with you.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 PM

As someone noted about discharging firearms in town.....I'm not going to watch MY dog get attacked by an animal while I weight the options of a fine and legal issues of in or out of season.....I'll take the citation.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by bassbase
As someone noted about discharging firearms in town.....I'm not going to watch MY dog get attacked by an animal while I weight the options of a fine and legal issues of in or out of season.....I'll take the citation.
Firing off a rifle around people's houses would be absolutely idiotic...

Keep your dog on a leash perhaps???

I wanna know what a deer was doing in the middle of an urban neighborhood?
I guess the deer missed the "Keep Out" signs...
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
People think deer are just cute little things. You get a momma riled she will kick the crap out of a bear.

They have killed people once in a while.

We have so many deer around here anymore they need thinned out. The PETA freaks keep fighting them and do more damage as many are getting sick and dying for lack of food.

I agree! the people from PETA decide which forms of life and which animals are sacred. its kind of annoying. there is so many deer in places in WNY people were feeding them a few years back. they get more comfortable and then things happen like that video and everyone feels sorry for the dog. seriously? you invite the deer into a populated area and wonder why they get hit by cars on city streets often
Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Founding Member

There are many weapons, or items that could be used as weapons, other than a long gun that would have handled this situation. I'm hopeful that we all know that a deer rifle shouldn't be discharged in urban areas.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
There are many weapons, or items that could be used as weapons, other than a long gun that would have handled this situation. I'm hopeful that we all know that a deer rifle shouldn't be discharged in urban areas.
Unfortunately some people need advice like that. but some how they still end up owning weapons lol
Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM

While I agree that I would hate to see my own dog attacked like that. I would also have to shoulder the responsibility for it being loose on the street to start with.

And I don't think that it would make a bit of difference what type of.firearm was used, deer rifle all the.way down to a .22 pistol. Won't make a bit of difference if it strikes another person.

Keep the deer occupied while I fetch my sword!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:32 PM

I’m not going to comment on the above posts – I’d get myself in trouble.

Here is a much nicer video between a dog and deer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StMyp...eature=related

And to show that size sometimes does not matter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj8zTH9GfAs

Of course we could share these YouTube videos all day long. I’ll bet this thread gets moved to the Lounge.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe
Firing off a rifle around people's houses would be absolutely idiotic...
Who said anything about a rife. I have a real nice Hoyt compound I use quite a bit. A nice 38 Louisville Slugger and a REAL nice Katana. Pick and chose. Either way it is wahat it is......balogna.