General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR design complaints

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 12:51 PM

HHR design complaints

I'm not saying i dont LOVE my hhr, but of course as with every new car there are things people don't like. I just wanted to put my two cents in and see what else you guys would change. I put these in order from most anoying to least.

1. door lock position (I love hanging my hang out the door and that stupid lock makes it SOO hard.)(I'm still seein how I can fix this myself)

2. The A/C resets to outside air instead of recirculate.

3. The rear view mirror wires hang down. It could not have been that hard to hide them.

4. the "3rd visor" by the rear view mirror. I just hate it.

5. cup holders...

Again. I think with any car your gonna have a few things you don't like. They didnt cater this car for me and me only. I Love my hhr.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:54 PM

The window button location. Far place to reach while driving. The map lights on the rear view mirror. Bad location. The interior pannel's just feel cheap. I'm thinking about redoing my interior.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:18 PM

1. door lock position (I love hanging my hang out the door and that stupid lock makes it SOO hard.)(I'm still seein how I can fix this myself)

I sit so far back in the seat (aaaaaall the way back!), and low while im' cruising, my head just barely peeks above the window (now that's a pretty picture, eh?). I wouldn't think about putting my arm out there. Also; I keep the windows up to hear the stereo better!

2. The A/C resets to outside air instead of recirculate.

This is my biggest pet peeve. Can't stand it. Outside air that is.

3. The rear view mirror wires hang down. It could not have been that hard to hide them.

I put a blackout limo tint strip across the windsheild - doesn't bother me anymore.

4. the "3rd visor" by the rear view mirror. I just hate it.

Now that is a pain! Even with my tint strip, you can't get rid of those funky "dots."

5. cup holders...

I'm getting used to these - front for my drink, rear for cell phone.
I just don't understand why Chevy didn't design the console better for rear seat passengers. they should have 2-holders for sure.

I'm also one of those who would rather have the window buttons on the doors, but it's not going to happen so I'll move on...

Several good points there though!
-Mike
Old 11-03-2005, 02:26 PM

Agree on the Door locks. I try to rest arm up there, but lock in the way.

The inside arm rest, I find that I routinly use the one on the passengers seat, fine when I am the only one in car. But something is akward with the inside arm-rests.

Design of the cup holders and area between sets, is a little weak in design.

Rear View mirror. with the little windsheild, does take some getting use too, But I did get car because I like the Chop Top, Old Car Feal & Look.

SoCal, what size tint strip, did you have done on your windshield? I have thought about having a strip done the size of the dots, to blend in, meaning coming down just the amount of the dots, but across the complete windsheild, with tint. If you have the capabilities, post picture.

I am also, adjusting to the comfort of the leather seats and lumber adjustments. Not any problems, just wonder on longer trips, comfort factor.

No real complaints, and really enjoying the car, really want to customize some, and make it a mondern Street Rod, that is what is cool about the vehicle.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:31 PM

SoCal, back-tracked and saw your pictures of your vehicle and tint. Looks good, how wide is the tint strip on windsheild and why did you not tint front windows??

Just wondering, I am thinking of tinting windsheild strip and front windows.

Thanks,
Old 11-03-2005, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Markiemark
SoCal, back-tracked and saw your pictures of your vehicle and tint. Looks good, how wide is the tint strip on windsheild and why did you not tint front windows??

Just wondering, I am thinking of tinting windsheild strip and front windows.

Thanks,
Hi Markie!

My front "glare strip" is 5-inches high. With the 2-inch black border on the HHR windshield, that gives the illusion of a 7-inch strip - it looks nice!

I did not tint the fronts because in my area it would be pretty apparent that I did it aftermarket - and here that means a ticket! The front windows are actually tinted a light green from the factory, and that works well for me (especially driving at night). The rears being dark tinted helps reduce ambient light inside the car, so having the lighter fronts hasn't been much of a problem for me yet.

We'll see how it pans out - I might tint them anyway!
-Mike
Old 11-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Hi Markie!

My front "glare strip" is 5-inches high. With the 2-inch black border on the HHR windshield, that gives the illusion of a 7-inch strip - it looks nice!

-Mike
How is vision out the front window? I tinted my side windows to match the factory because I realy don't care about tint tickets. I have had had my tint dark on the last two vehicles and now my HHR but I have yet to get a ticket. A few stereo tickets but thats a different story. I was thinking about doing the front stip but thought it might impare my vision. The window apears so small from the inside. I also sit with the seat all the way up so that might have something to do with it. Also did you use black vinyl over the little dots around the mirror?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:46 PM

How about the red glow from the upper brake light illuminating the interior at night?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Banned

That would be cool. I wish my HHR did that.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:50 PM

5 spd cars wont unlock doors when e brake is up....... i dont always wanna turn the car off before i get out

window button location just sucks arse!!!

needs a better console with better arm rests

seat belt chime (im bout to take care of that)

Quick Reply: HHR design complaints