General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR design complaints

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by 1BadPig
Yeah, I tried that and it didn't work. It was probably left uncapped for a few days in the hot sun. A buddy of mine told me about using shaving cream... I think I'll use that as last resort. May be I can just dye the whole thing purple?! Orange exterior and purple interior... I'll be pimpin' then!
I have on occasion used "Spot Shot" on stubborn stains on upholstery. It is a carpet cleaner but worked quite well on old stains. Be careful to test first if you do decide to try it. I have NOT tried it on the HHR interior so have zero idea how it would react. Worked fine on my Mazda that had a less polyester interior!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by bisho1p
I hear ya on the seats, but I also wish there was some sort of light under the hood for working on stuff at night.
It's a new car...you don't really think that they expect us to modify it in any way do ya? Cheaping out on the light is just a subtle hint from Chevrolet telling us don't mess under there. Yea right...that's why they invented the drop light.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:12 PM

Well I brought in my HHR for some repairs today at 7:30 am.
The problems were the tranny seemed like it was shifting in high rpms, the radio popping and when I let go of the steering wheel, the HHR leans to the left.
They gave me a rental (2004 Malibu Maxx) for the day. They call me at 4pm to let me know its done. I ask the person on the phone what was wrong and she told me that they had to switch over the tires and that the transmission fluid was a little low and they couldn't find anything wrong with the radio.
So I go pick it up after sevice hours. I start it up and POP! Not only did the radio pop - it wasn't on and it was like it was stuck between stations. I hit the power button a couple of times and it turned on. Already I'm annoyed, I drive off to see how it rides. Still leaning to the left and still shifting at high rpms.
I have to waste my time again tomorrow during work to call my dealership.
Very, very annoyed!