General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR design complaints

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Deceased

I hate and i mean HATE power windows. in about 11 to 13 years you have to replace all the motors and the windows u use less you will replace those sooner

AND what ultimate way to make it look like a 49 Chevy. they did not have power windows in 49

i loved crank windows and wish we still had them on lower model cars. another reason i would have bought an LS
Old 04-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Banned

I thought it was kind of weird that my last two GM vehicles had pretty much power everything except power windows. I hated it! I like just pushing a button rather than reaching down and repeatedly bashing my knee trying to crank my window down. Not to mention how much faster electric windows open. I guess it's a personal preference but you're the first person I've met with that opinion CJ.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:23 PM

i like the auto express feature, requires less work outta me when im at the drive thru getting my super sized greasy burger combo
Old 04-16-2006, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by crowbar
i like the auto express feature, requires less work outta me when im at the drive thru getting my super sized greasy burger combo
I would like to second this opinion!

As much as I hated swapping the **** out on my T-Bird when they burnt out, I hated not being able to easily roll down the passenger window on my Truck with the manual even more.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Here, here! Bring back the barn doors!
I think I preferred the double split design they had on the concept myself.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I guess it's a personal preference but you're the first person I've met with that opinion CJ.
you might find others that like crank windows on a retro car. how about a poll?

i am serious, i would convert all 4 windows and not even flinch,,, use the window switches to do other things, cutouts, flames, nox and fog lamps,,, wait,,, i like that idea

as to the knee thing, i use to make sure mine wasn't against the door when i rolled it down,,,
plus when you only have a 29 in inseam, its easier to keep your legs out of the way
:
it is because i am 52 and the one and only CJ and you are the one and only CH. i grew up w these, didnt have electric windows in a car till 92 when we bought a Chevy G20 short wheel base MarkVI conversion van. i had been driving 25 years when we got the van.

oh and bard doors would be cool too
Old 04-16-2006, 02:26 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by cj krause
what ultimate way to make it look like a 49 Chevy. they did not have power windows in 49
Why not go down to Discount Auto a get a couple of window cranks and either screw or glue them on the door panels?
Old 04-16-2006, 03:26 PM

I hate and i mean HATE power windows. in about 11 to 13 years you have to replace all the motors and the windows u use less you will replace those sooner
Don't plan on keeping the car that long to worry about that!
Old 04-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by jx3
Why not go down to Discount Auto a get a couple of window cranks and either screw or glue them on the door panels?
woooooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh,,, now there is a thought,,, quick,,, where did you say you bought yours at for your HHR, JX3, Ganji village?

come on man,,, y dont i just take some can of paint or some permanent markers and tape off an area and paint a handle on there on all 4 doors, wait, better idea, ill just find a picture of one and tape it on or contact cement it on.

i said a totally functioning. i didnt say i wanted the looks,,, i want them to work.

and to 1badpig,,, we all want our HHRs for some reason,, i can tell you this,,,, i plan on keeping mine a very very long time. it is why i fixed it up as much as i have and still have more to go

it will be one Bad Ass hauling, sounding, good looking HHR when i am done by the end of this year
Old 04-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Banned

where did you say you bought yours at for your HHR, JX3, Ganji village?
They have a car dealership there?

Quick Reply: HHR design complaints