General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR design complaints

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:07 AM

Doesn't it have a 10 minute timer?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:13 AM

-md- HHR - 2 questions for ya.

1. If you rolled down the windows, why lock the car?
2. Instead of walking around and opening the passenger door, wouldn't it have saved you those few steps to just hit the off/on button on the radio?

Not trying to bust your chops, just found the post humorous. The radio deal is a little weird to me...but I guess it's been so long since I've owned a new car that things are so different now.

I did have something weird happen to me one day and I haven't been able to duplicate it. I was somewhere and had come back out to get something I forgot in the HHR. Since the passenger door was closest and what I needed was on the front passenger seat, I opened the car with the key fob and then opened the passenger door. To my surprise an alarm went off and would not stop until I opened the drivers door. What caused that?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:31 AM

Your radio comes on with the remote start? My radio only comes on if I put the key in the ignition and turn the car "on".
Old 07-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tonydetiger
Your radio comes on with the remote start? My radio only comes on if I put the key in the ignition and turn the car "on".
Same here.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:43 AM

Not that it matters to me since I have a 5 speed, but I'm sure new owners who have the automatic with remote start might want some clarification.

I thought one of the benefits of the remote start was not only to warm up the motor, but also get defrost/heater/AC going ahead of time. Wouldn't the radio come on as well, if it was in the on position when the car was turned off?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:44 AM

No... When I opened the passenger side door I put the key in the ignition to turn it off. When I got out and closed the door, the radio stayed on. Had to go around and open the drivers door for it to go off. It may have a timer that makes it go off. I just left it for a minute or so and then opened the door.

The a/c or heat or whatever you have on will come on with the remote start, but not the radio. The prupose of it is to have the car comfortable before you get in.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:50 PM

Anyone have an idea about my last post on this thread?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
-md- HHR - 2 questions for ya.
1. If you rolled down the windows, why lock the car?
2. Instead of walking around and opening the passenger door, wouldn't it have saved you those few steps to just hit the off/on button on the radio?
1.Just habbit I guess. I even do it at the drag strip in the staging lanes with the windows down and the car stuck in place with cars all around it.
2.The radio turns off, but the clock stays on.
Yeah i know
Old 07-12-2006, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Songman
No... When I opened the passenger side door I put the key in the ignition to turn it off. When I got out and closed the door, the radio stayed on. Had to go around and open the drivers door for it to go off. It may have a timer that makes it go off. I just left it for a minute or so and then opened the door.

The a/c or heat or whatever you have on will come on with the remote start, but not the radio. The prupose of it is to have the car comfortable before you get in.
You can just hit the remote start button on your key fob for two seconds, and it will turn off the engine. You don't have to put the key in the ignition to shut it off. I think it also has a 10-15 miute timer. I actually just noticed the "brief" directions for remote start on the back of the key fob.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Koz
What about the instrumental panel lights not coming on when putting on the parking lights or manually turning on the headlights? I tried turning off the auto lights and the instrument panel/radio lights don't come on during the day.

Anyone have an answer to that?
I don't have an answer for that one. I use the AUTO light setting.

It may have some kind of light sensor to tell it when it's okay to turn the lights up/down. Battery saving feature????

Quick Reply: HHR design complaints