General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR design complaints

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:58 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by DJ Koz
What about the instrumental panel lights not coming on when putting on the parking lights or manually turning on the headlights? I tried turning off the auto lights and the instrument panel/radio lights don't come on during the day.

Anyone have an answer to that?
My instrument panel lights go to the "dim" side when the auto lights turn on the headlights, also when lights are turned on manually. The reason I say the panel lights "dim", is because I have the dial at the dimmest position.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:01 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
all in all i like the hhr to much to ***** about little things I would have prefered the window switches on the door but no biggie. the only thing i wish was optional was a side opening rear door or a set that splits down the middle letting each pull out to the side as i am 6ft1 and have to duck down to get anything in or out But i still love it!!
I agree with the split rear hatch(door). At over 6'4", I think I have a permanent dent in my head from the rear hatch.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:05 PM

It has been raining here for a few days and I would like to see gutters on this thing. Anyone remeber cars with the little gutters above the window? With the large flat area of the roof, a lot of water collects. I stopped at a light today with the window down a bit. Lots O Water! I think the gutters might also push the nostalgic look. Whadya Think?
Old 07-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Platinum Member

I saw add-on chrome rain gutters in Pep Boys about a year ago. Don't know if they still carry them.

Bad part is....you need to drill and screw them into the inside area of the door shelf. The kit did provide a little tube of silicone to "seal" the hole.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:52 PM

If you have keyless entry you must use the key fob,if you try to unlock the
doors with the key the horn and lights go off. The dealer said they all do this.....

Last edited by x-ray1950; 07-12-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by x-ray1950
If you have keyless entry you must use the key fob,if you try to unlock the
doors with the key the horn and lights go off. The dealer said the all do this.....
Thanks x-ray1950...You are absolutely right. Just went out and opened with key instead of key fob and horn went off. Could have sworn it was the other door though. Guess my memory is worse than I thought, because I don't remember ever using the key in the door, except to try the new one when I got it from dealer.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:13 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Thanks x-ray1950...You are absolutely right. Just went out and opened with key instead of key fob and horn went off. Could have sworn it was the other door though. Guess my memory is worse than I thought, because I don't remember ever using the key in the door, except to try the new one when I got it from dealer.
If you don't use the key fob to unlock her, the horn (alarm) will sound. To get the horn to go silent, either use the key fob, or insert the key into the ignition.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:33 AM

Speaking of keys, how many keys did everyone get with their HHR? I got 2 remotes and 1 key. Did my dealer forget to give me another key?
Old 07-13-2006, 07:38 AM

Speaking of keys, how many keys did everyone get with their HHR? I got 2 remotes and 1 key. Did my dealer forget to give me another key?

I think your dealer forgot to give you the second key. We received 2 keys and 2 remotes.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Banned

Yup, or they lost one of them. When I bought my Mustang the dealership had lost the extra key so they had to cut and program me a new one. I'm surprised your dealership did that to you because I think all new cars come with two keys and two remotes. At least all three new cars I have bought did. The dealership should know better.

Quick Reply: HHR design complaints