General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

is the hhr done ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 07:12 PM

is the hhr done ?

i havne't been here in a while, so don't hate if this has already been discussed,,,i couldn't find anything about it thru the search feature

i have just been trying to get information on trading in my 2006 hhr for a 2012,,,,,and from what i can gather, or actually not gather, it appears that chevy is dropping the hhr from its lineup,,,,,,,

i am so sad

Just the Facts: •The 2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport will debut late this year for U.S. fleet customers, filling the gap left by the end of production of the Chevrolet HHR.
•Chevrolet HHR production will end this spring, most likely in May, a Chevrolet spokesman told Inside Line on Monday.
•The Chevrolet Captiva Sport, a small crossover built in Mexico, will not be available for purchase by individual retail customers.

DETROIT — With the Chevrolet HHR now slated to end production this spring, General Motors will attempt to fill the gap, at least with fleet customers, by introducing the Mexican-built Chevrolet Captiva Sport late this year.

HHR production will end quietly this spring, most likely in May, a Chevrolet spokesman told Inside Line on Monday. There are no plans for any special models to mark the end of HHR production and no plans to put the final HHR into a museum, despite the fact that 2011 is the centennial year for the Chevy brand, said spokesman David Caldwell in a phone conversation with Inside Line.

Slightly smaller than the Chevrolet Equinox, the Captiva Sport was designed and engineered in Korea, and is based on GM's Daewoo Winstorm. Until now, the compact crossover has been marketed around the world, including Europe and much of Asia, but never in the U.S.

The U.S.-bound Captiva will be assembled at GM's Ramos Arizpe plant in Mexico.

Caldwell said the Captiva Sport will not be available to individual retail customers or rental fleets in the U.S.

"It is intended for commercial and delivery use in the U.S.," Caldwell said. "Some of our fleet customers told us we need a car about the size of the Equinox, but not quite so premium. Captiva is much less expensive than an Equinox — more stripped down and simplistic."

Caldwell was unable to provide specific pricing on the Captiva Sport. A base 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS starts at $23,490, including a $745 destination charge.

GM said in a statement that the Captiva Sport will arrive in the fourth quarter of 2011. It will get either the 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine or the 3.0-liter V6 engine matched to a six-speed automatic transmission. It will be offered in LS and LT models, with four trim packages, including an all-wheel-drive model. All versions get 17-inch aluminum wheels, XM Satellite Radio, six-speaker sound system, air-conditioning, four-wheel disc brakes with antilock, traction control and stability control, power locks and windows and remote keyless entry.

Inside Line says: You won't see the Captiva Sport in your driveway, unless the florist or the caterer is making a delivery. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent
Old 09-17-2011, 07:36 PM

Oh, it shows up in search:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/no-more-hhr-37259/
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ght=production

and with final production numbers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_HHR
Old 09-17-2011, 07:57 PM

Yeah, it's a bummer, ain't it?

I told the wife today how ironic things are - several months ago, when we first started looking for a car to replace the 93 Capri, I told her that I wouldn't consider certain cars because they weren't made anymore. Then it dawned on me - the HHR was discontinued in May. Well, at least Chevrolet is still around. Can't say that about some of the others still out there on the used car market.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:16 PM

Looking at a replacment for the SS has gotten me no where.
Might have to join the new (used) Camaro crowd soon,
If i do it , It will be a V-6

But i'd trade the BATRIDE in today, For a 2012 HHR SS PANEL.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Yeah, I was saddened to see the HHR going away. I always thought GM had a winner with this car. It is the only practical econo-box with machismo (One could argue the PT Cruiser is that as well, but the HHR is bigger and better looking making it more practical and more masculine).
Old 09-19-2011, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by 5speed4
I always thought GM had a winner with this car. It is the only practical econo-box with machismo (One could argue the PT Cruiser is that as well, but the HHR is bigger and better looking making it more practical and more masculine).
I agree...HHR has a look all it's own; hard to tell the other's apart for the most part.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:42 AM
Banned

I think a dead horse is being beaten, here.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by 5speed4
Yeah, I was saddened to see the HHR going away. I always thought GM had a winner with this car. It is the only practical econo-box with machismo (One could argue the PT Cruiser is that as well, but the HHR is bigger and better looking making it more practical and more masculine).
There is more to come yet from GM. THey no longer show what is 5 years out anymore. You will have a few suprieses coming.

The HRR was a winner but for the most last year it was going to fleet sales which is a sign it was on the decline. GM will replace with something new just don't expect retro as it too is on the decline.

PT died too so this segment of retro haulers has played out.

If anything this should help resale values.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:31 AM

Hyper I would argue the loss of "retro"... all the muscles are in full swing and every single one of them is retro. Not to mention, all the "new" cars that are just plain throwbacks. Look at the new VW Bug... can we say 80's 9 1 1. Mini's, Alfa's, Jag's, shall I keep going? Just because the designer moved to China doesn't mean "retro" is dead. But, as much as I love my SS, my new idea of retro is a '80 2 door Cutlass. clean, mean, and not much chrome. great looking car. What happens when chevy gets there in thirty years? they seemed to have picked and choosed through the years, of what they wanted to re-invent... I'm still waiting for a re-incarnation of the Bel Air- on batteries no doubt.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 AM

I was about to say, our search function must be broke. There is at least, at LEAST, 10 threads.