General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR on ebay..check out the Grill + exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Banned

Nah, it wouldn't fit the vehicle IMO. They are definitely going for a new school look. All the excess chrome is gaudy! If used to tastefully accent the vehicle chrome can be the sh*t, but it can be way overdone! When good HHRs go bad.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Nah, it wouldn't fit the vehicle IMO. They are definitely going for a new school look. All the excess chrome is gaudy! If used to tastefully to accent the vehicle chrome can be the sh*t, but it can be way overdone! When good HHRs go bad.
I agree. How much chrome is too much chrome? Varies by vehicle, theme and general appearance in the context of everything else.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Nah, it wouldn't fit the vehicle IMO. They are definitely going for a new school look. All the excess chrome is gaudy! If used to tastefully accent the vehicle chrome can be the sh*t, but it can be way overdone! When good HHRs go bad.
yup its like writing the name of the car on the exterior 6 different times, tacky
Old 08-09-2006, 07:19 PM

Okay...I have a question here. How can a dealership modify this HHR almost top to bottom and it still be covered under the factory warranty? Especially when there's a good chance that any mods "we" would make could void the warranty? I've read some posts here that lowering and putting on 18" wheels will most definitely void the suspension warranty or maybe at the least cause a battle for warranty repair.

Interesting story....when I purchased my HHR in early July after I drove it home I realized that the head liner had a cut mark in it that someone had apparently tried to fix. So today I took it in to have the head liner replaced and I requested a loaner vehicle to get me through the day.

Well after getting to the dealership when they opened at 7 am I had to wait almost an hour to get the loaner vehicle! I was ticked off. Then what did they give me to drive...a Chevy 2500, crew cab, Duramax Diesel!!! Talk about overkill and a waste of gas.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by lucent1
Okay...I have a question here. How can a dealership modify this HHR almost top to bottom and it still be covered under the factory warranty? Especially when there's a good chance that any mods "we" would make could void the warranty?
You might want to check out THIS thread that deals with the Magnuson Moss Warranty act, which explains doing mods and how they affect the warranty.

The mods done on this car are pretty much cosmetic mods, which wouldn't have much, if any affect on factory warranty in my opinion.

Last edited by courthousedeb; 08-10-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:57 PM

Everything looks good other than the bowtie on the grill. I really like the fog lights and light on he boards.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:09 PM

CK out the grill

Originally Posted by giant96
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...16504990QQrdZ1

The Grill, fogs, leds on runing boards, exhaust are sweet!!
The grill looks like the "CJ MOD GRILL" on both upper and lower.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:03 AM

I'm with the majority here, lose the bowtie on the grill. Otherwise I like what they did.

Noticed a couple of things in the description...
  • AM/FM Cassette
  • Passenger Climate Control
  • Premium Sound System
  • Ground Effects (running boards are the next thing listed)
  • 4 Wheel Disc Brakes
Didn't know HHR's came with cassette players.
By Passenger Climate Control do they mean the passenger can reach it too?
Thought Premium Sound System came with steering wheel controls.
Ground Effects...where? Thought they might have meant the running boards but they list those too!
I may be blind but I can't see the disc brakes on the rear!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by yeshua63043
Didn't know HHR's came with cassette players.
By Passenger Climate Control do they mean the passenger can reach it too?
Thought Premium Sound System came with steering wheel controls.
Ground Effects...where? Thought they might have meant the running boards but they list those too!
I may be blind but I can't see the disc brakes on the rear!
I noticed a couple things wrong too. Here's my take on what you said.
Don't see a cassette player
Radio controls are standard on 2LT and are tied in with the leather steering wheel. Option on 1LT, so this must be a 1LT.
Ground effects - check rear and front end carefully...definitely different in the rear by exhaust. Front also looks a bit different.
Can't tell about disc brakes by pictures.

Also...note at the top it says 0 miles and a photo below shows 31 miles.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:29 AM

Thanks for taking the extra step Karen.

Quick Reply: HHR on ebay..check out the Grill + exhaust