General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR KEY Problems all around

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by tantrim
I have a 2008 HHR Panel, and have experienced being locked out of the car twice now as well as not being able to turn the key to start. Fortunately I have always lucked out and got it to work after sometimes a few days.

I have possibly had one occurrence of the key getting stuck in the ignition but that may just be me thinking that after reading about it happening to so many others.

last summer I had the problem where the ignition would not turn, after reading the manual front to back and several blogs. I ran out and purchased a new battery for $100 at NAPA put it in and the key turn right away allowing the car to start. What is with the batteries in this car could my battery already not be strong enough to be causing this next problem.

The Key fobs (2) don't work because they both have broken like so many others when trying to replace the batteries...I have soldered them twice already, so lately I have just been using the key like the good old days.

Well today after work I went to unlock the door to get in and the key will not turn to unlock, so I got a ride home. I need to find a fix for tomorrow, anyone have any suggestion. the recall for the ignition problem says it is for 2006-2007 anyone have this issue with the 2008?
Hey tantrim,

I understand that you've experienced trouble with your keys and vehicle starting and I'm sorry to hear this. If you'd like to PM me your VIN and mileage I'd be happy to do some additional research on this and try to assist in finding a resolution.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care