General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Magazine...Would you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by DJNateGnau
Hey now! I'm not that way! :) There are quite a few of "The future generation of Hot Rodders" That do actually learn from the pioneers of the hobby. Well, We try to anyway.
That's my point Nate, exactly, I am always willing to learn! lol I am not being a hard a$$, it just struck me funny the comment snake made....I HATE piss in my cheerio's! The future is bright, doesn't mean everyone is going to agree all the time....water under the bridge!

Fenris
Old 12-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Banned

Yeah, same here! I wouldn't know anything about cars If it wasn't for the older guys that showed me. I was working on cars when I was 5 with my step-day. But then again I'm pretty old school for a 28 year old.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:59 PM

So because he is old means he has more knowledge about cars than me?? My dad is old and can't tell the difference between a carbed car and a FI car. I have plenty of certifcates, training, and experience from both GM and ASE that say I know what the hell I'm doing and talking about. I have no problem with old school hot rodders, I work with quite a few of them, I have a problem with somebody telling me I don't know dick due to my age, when their only argument has to do with cars from 30-40 years ago, it's apples to oranges. I will agree that the bonneville HHR is pretty cool, but you'll never find anything close to that on the street or straight from GM. Like I said I could put a shopping cart into the 10's, but at the end of the day it is better holding my groceries.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Banned

No but he mention the cars he built not just worked on. Age has nothing to do with knowledge just experience. You might know as much about working on cars as him but he has way more experience. He lived through the muscle car era, you and I didn't. The older guys know true hot roding! Most of our gereration doesn't, they know The Fast And The Furious.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:51 PM

Not a clue.

Edit: After doing some research, I now know.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by h2rman
Ok, smart one lets test your knowledge, first big block in a chevy production car?
58 impala had a 348, but I honestly don't care if I'm right or wrong. If you really want play this game with me explain the oiling sytem in the new Z06. I have built fast cars as well and had in a hand in others, and I know quite a bit about GM's history, and I understand what you are talking about with Ramchargers and what not. Thats not my point, my point was you'll never see similar things going on with the HHR, for the third time it's apples to oranges. Two completely different eras with two completely different types of vehicles. Most dealerships back then were family or privately owned. Now most are corporate, and you could never get away with swapping a HHR to a rwd layout and dropping a V8 in it, GM's warranty policies are different now, everything is different, it is a different era.

EDIT: Times up on my question, lets here what google had to say.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:41 AM

Well I'm off to bed have to get up early so I can go to work and pretend I know what I'm doing. Guess google didnt have much to work with huh?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:51 AM

Dude, Google had nothing to do with it thanks.
Family works just as well.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by snksknr94
I have plenty of certifcates, training, and experience from both GM and ASE that say I know what the hell I'm doing and talking about.
Your instuctors were all in their early 20's right? I know the new Z06 uses a dry sump oiling system because I read about it in Car & Driver. As far as the specifics of the new Z06's oiling system I couldn't tell you because I have never worked on one.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:56 AM

Could someone say Tread twist. We went from an HHR Mag to a Z06

Quick Reply: HHR Magazine...Would you?