General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Magazine...Would you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Could someone say Tread twist. We went from an HHR Mag to a Z06
A post was made and then deleted full of retarded trivia questions, I simply added one of my own. All of my instuctors were actually older, one of them retired in the middle of the semester, wanna talk about a car guy, he had a massive garage with something like 70 cars all in different phases of restoration. I don't think he hasn't gotten rid of any car he has ever owned.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Banned

Cool. Don't take anything I say personal. I didn't remeber that post. I just thought the whole age issue shouldn't have been brought up. I know where your coming from. At 28 I am the youngest supervisor in my company so I know what its like when your elders think you are some idiot kid that doesn't know a damn thing. I had one employee that was more than twice as old as me and every time I told him to do something he had a look of hatred in his eyes because he thought he should have had my job. But we have to pay respect to the older guys that started what we carry on.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Cool. Don't take anything I say personal. I didn't remeber that post. I just thought the whole age issue shouldn't have been brought up. I know where your coming from. At 28 I am the youngest supervisor in my company so I know what its like when your elders think you are some idiot kid that doesn't know a damn thing. I had one employee that was more than twice as old as me and every time I told him to do something he had a look of hatred in his eyes because he thought he should have had my job. But we have to pay respect to the older guys that started what we carry on.
I can relate to that Capt. I headed the Melt Dept. at North Star Casteel when I was 22. The approach I took was diplomatic with the older guys. I told them that me being in charge is so I can take the heat for mistakes. Yet, I told them I definitely wanted their input and all major decisions will be by quorum..soon, I was able to get their respect because I learned to make good decisions and I always kept them in the loop, not just the old timers, but everybody in the crew. Everybody had a say, but it ultimately came down to me making the call. Nobody is doubting your ability snake and if anybody has seen pics of your camaro, they can see that you know what you are doing. It may not seem fair sometimes, but the pecking order marches on, right or wrong, soon, it will be you speaking to young whipper-snappers of days or yore! I hope my remarks did not offend as they were not intended so...lol this Mag is close to turning into "Soap Opera Digest" D'OH!....um, strike that last comment!

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Fenris
Old 12-21-2005, 11:01 AM

Nah nothing you or Howdy said busted my balls, it's good.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:26 PM

Hey my kid bought a Ford Focus and they have a dedicated mag, and I would definitely support it by subscribing and shopping advertisers. I might even want to contribute articles, car show reports etc. I just bought my HHR last week, for the total purpose of having fun, customizing it and basically playing like I did back in the day!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:01 PM

I dont want to be the negative one here but, when i need info i come to the net, get what i want when i want. I always like to search car forums to see what the 411 is on a certian vehicle (hence how i got here). Forums give you the ability to talk to the people that have made it work and the ones that struggle to find why it wont work. Its alot better having the ability to talk to a person rather than reading an article that just misleads you and doesnt always cover every little nook and cranny of a job. Also Tech articals in magazines are never on time with what im modding. IMHO it doesent seem like a good idea these days (to me) to invest in something like this. Now the man with the forum that will continue to grow, catch the eyes of vendors that will end up paying for the website (and alot of the time give extra earned income to the owner) seems like the right investor.

and mike i know youre not trying to get rich off the magazine, but you wanted an opinion and i think magazines are seeing their last days.

just my .02
Old 04-03-2006, 05:11 PM

I give the idea Two thumbs up i would spend my Money on that!
Old 04-05-2006, 10:31 PM

Well I subcribe to C&D and MT. I pick up Focus magazine when I see it on the news stand. I would support an HHR mag. It would be nice to read a fair article on an American car for once. I say go for it.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Founding Member

I'd subscribe! There is another market out there that doesent have internet acess.
I like the idea of having tips and tricks refrence points available away from the computer.
Heck, my ol man has VW stuff in page protected binders that he refrences often!
Old 04-05-2006, 10:50 PM

I'd subscribe for sure! I normally travel a minimum of once a month and search high and low for an automotive magazine that has something about the HHR in it for the flight.

CBL

Quick Reply: HHR Magazine...Would you?