General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Magazine...Would you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 08:41 PM

I think we would end up paying him not to do it. Becasue he seems like a person that would do anything upon request. Have you read any posts that captain could not answer and did not disagree on.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:05 PM

I didn't feel like reading through all 5 pages of this but me personally would not read a HHR specific mag. I already subscribe to Chevy Hi-Tech performance, so if they were to do a HHR as a project car then I would read that. To me the HHR, nobody take this personally, isn't really a car to mod, it is cheap, reliable transportation that is different from other things on the road. When I think mod I think getting into the engine what heads/cam combos work, dry kit vs. wet kit, stroker kits, etc. Those other mags have drag-race tips and racing events, which you can't really due with an HHR, because how many people are actually gonna take it to the track? I probably will once or twice for ****s and giggles, but thats it. Most brand or make specific mags are aimed at the performance crowd, which like I said the HHR is not a performance vehicle. Hope nobody takes that the wrong way, if you want to try and mod your HHR to be fast have at it, it's just not for me. All I need is a lower center of gravity, some big wheels, and maybe a couple cosemetic things. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:58 PM

I would definitly be a subscriber! and a featured ride???
Old 12-15-2005, 07:33 AM

Well thats up the publisher
Old 12-19-2005, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by h2rman
I hate to say this, but that is what ChevyII( Nova's),Ford Fairlane's, Pontiac Lemans,Chevelle's,Cutlass, and a few others were made to be. Just cheap transportation, no character or big ideas there. BUT LOOK WHAT HAPPENED !!! Car guy's got crazy and did all kinds of mods to these cars, then you get L-79 Nova's, Thunderbolt Fairlane's, GTO's,454 Chevelles, W-30 Cutlass's need I go on? Just because a car seems mondaine now, doesn't mean something big will not happen.
Camaro just started out as a pony car to off set the Mustang, 6cylinder and small V-8's, but didn't take long for big things to happen there either. When you get car guy's together in a creative mind set you dont know what will happen. They are already saying 270hp out of the 2.2/2.4 liter engines, what next? This HHR is definately something big, and only good things will happen if everyone would explore doing there own thing with modifications. The old saying will hold true, you build it they will come!!!!!!!!!! Car guy's bought cheap transportation and modified it, because it was more cost effective.
I also forgot the Plymouth Cuda or Barracuda, it started out as cheap 6cylinder transportation, but look what happened there, add a HEMI and you have a $500,000- 1,000,000. dollar car !!!!! Not to mention the performance. I was a teenager during the 60's, and I never thought that any of those cars would have the lasting impression that they do today, if I had , I would have bought several of them, and put them away. What I'm trying to say, is don't disregard the HHR or any other car out there, because they maybe the next big thing in the near future.
One drasticallt big difference between the HHR and all the cars you mentioned. Those are all rwd, big cube, V8 cars. You will never see GM drop a factory V8 into the HHR, you may see a factory boosted application, but thats onyl gonna get you maybe 220 hp, still not impressive to me.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:03 PM

"You will never see GM drop a factory V8 into the HHR..."

No. But plenty of other people are already! (all pics are rear wheel drive HHR's)

Some are even putting spare engines in the back for traction!

Pics used courtesy of HHR Club (required legal hoopla)
Old 12-19-2005, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
"You will never see GM drop a factory V8 into the HHR..."

No. But plenty of other people are already! (all pics are rear wheel drive HHR's)

Some are even putting spare engines in the back for traction!

Pics used courtesy of HHR Club (required legal hoopla)
There goes all your cargo space which is one of the reasons people buy them. There goes your factory warranty, there goes all the structural integrity of the car as it was not designed to handle the torque. How many everyday HHR owners are going to go through all the trouble of converting there car over to rwd, drop a v8 in it, plus all the custom work that would have to be done, mounting brackets, lines, etc. Two vehicles that were done up to draw interest in the car proves nothing, except that it can be done if you have the resources and money. I could make a shopping cart runs 10's if I had the money but at the end of the day it is still best used to lug my groceries around the store and out to the car.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:39 PM

That what "customization" is all about - and that's what sells magazines.
Not shopping carts with stock wheels.

To each his own!
Old 12-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Banned

I would make mine a V8 RWD if I had the time, money, and facility.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
That what "customization" is all about - and that's what sells magazines.
Not shopping carts with stock wheels.

To each his own!
Correct but you feature something like that in a mag, and 99% of your reader base will never be able to do it. Not to mention your reader base would be so small to begin with that I couldn't see it being finacially successful. Like I said it would be better if an established mag, GM Hi-tech Peformance, Super Chevy, Chevy Performance, etc. was to get one as a project vehicle and showed people what worked and didn't work.

Quick Reply: HHR Magazine...Would you?