General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Magazine...Would you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 12:55 PM

Reader's may not be able to do it - but they sure like reading about it! Also, readership doesn't pay for a magazine's publication cost; advertisers do. Most magazines would go under in a heartbeat if the readership was their sole source of support.

I've been in magazine publishing for 19-years, and have counted the cost on this venture. Instead, I've decided to start an aftermarket business for HHR's right now. The magazine may come later...
Old 12-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Banned

I agree. I couldn't do like 75% of the s**t in MM&FF to my Mustang but I still liked reading about it and how it was done.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Reader's may not be able to do it - but they sure like reading about it! Also, readership doesn't pay for a magazine's publication cost; advertisers do. Most magazines would go under in a heartbeat if the readership was their sole source of support.

I've been in magazine publishing for 19-years, and have counted the cost on this venture. Instead, I've decided to start an aftermarket business for HHR's right now. The magazine may come later...
I personally am not going to buy a mag for one article, especially when I can find the same info on the net. I want to read about stuff I can do on my own car and see the results. Dyno, track times, etc. I want to know what works and what doesn't. I really don't care about some one off rwd HHR that I'll never run into on the street, or see, and that I'd have to hae a Bill Gates budget to duplicate the results.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Banned

Your not even slightly interested? I have a subscription to Car & Driver knowing I can't afford like 1/2 the cars in it. Same with Hot Rod, I don't own a classic ride but I still like to read about them. I enjoy reading, especialy about subject matter I like. I could care less if the cars are unattainable or I can't do something to mine, because I love cars. Not to mention you get to see the beauty of the vehicles themselves.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:32 PM

I just read about the new Bugatti ($1,250,000.00), that does 257mph in Car & Driver.
Don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon - but it was a great read!
Old 12-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Banned

That car just kept getting more and more expensive.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
I just read about the new Bugatti ($1,250,000.00), that does 257mph in Car & Driver.
Don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon - but it was a great read!
I wouldn't go out and buy the mag for just the one article. With Car and Driver, I see most of those cars on the street. When are you ever gonna see a rwd, rear motor, HHR on the street, never. Most car entusiasts dont have the time, money, or resources to put into doing a conversion like that, I may broswe through the article at the news stand and note the company so I could check out their web site, but I wouldn't buy it.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Banned

Wow, I never though I would see a anti-car magazine car guy. Weird but cool.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:14 PM

Well forget it. Aaron is right, and because of all his negative posts - I'm not going to do the magazine any more!

Now, can we get on with life!
Old 12-19-2005, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by h2rman
No they were not, Not 1 car I mentioned started out with big V-8 engines. They all started out with 6cylinder or 283/327 small blocks. It was the thinkers and modifiers that started changing these cars. They were originally built as econo boxes to combat the Volkswagon Beetle. I really don't know how old you are, but all of these wonderful big block cars started out as econo models for the every day Joe. Only through modification and experimenting did all of these muscle car models come about. These cars are only popular today because of my age group keeping them alive and willing to pay the money to have one and or build one.The big blocks didn't really become consumer ordered in these cars until late 1964 and 65 and most of these models were around 3-4 years before that happened. Will I be able to do most things in the magazine, most likely not, but I still can read about them, and pick and choose what ideas I like. That's the whole thing , when you put collective car minds together, anything can happen.
I never said big blocks. I said big V8's in comparsion to a 2.4L, 4 cylinder. I'm not telling people not to mod there cars and I'm not saying don't do an HHR specific mag, all I sad was I wouldn't read it. Mod the hell out of your car, some people may think 14's are fast, I don't. It's your car do whatever the hell you want to do it. I'm just being logical, speed=money, one of the main selling points of the HHR is it's cheap, it's the only reason I bought one. Your average HHR owner bought the thing because it looked different than the Civic in his neighbors driveway and was way affordable, not to mod into a racecar. I said it before you'll never see GM come out with anything more than maybe a boosted version of the ecotec in the HHR, no rwd, no V8, no 250+ HP, it won't happen. If I wanted to go fast again I would have bought a better suited platform, vette, GTO, etc.

Quick Reply: HHR Magazine...Would you?