General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Magazine...Would you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 10:14 AM

Yeah stop stepping on my First Amendment rights, you bunch of a-holes!!
What I find funniest about this entire thread was that my first post said something to the effect of not trying to piss people off with my comments, even when I prepare people it doesn't go right. Oh and all those old muscle cars would have ended up with larger motors anyway. I don't think many people were going out and buying a 6 cylinder dart then dropping a hemi in it.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:43 PM

Someone Please make an HHR magazine!!
Ill get a subscription if one gets made!!
Old 12-20-2005, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by h2rman
You know what that is exactly what they did, the grass roots drag racers of that time RAMCHARGERS did exactly that in 1962. I had one 2 years ago with a 413 Max Wedge engine in it that I sold for over $40,000. You know what I'm done arguing about this subject. You have no idea what you are talking about, 24 years old come on, I have 4 sons older than you, that at least know something about this subject. because I have been building Classic cars as a hobby for well over 30 years. My last 3 ChevyII Novas have sold collectly for $83.650.00. I built all of these cars. I think it was a big mistake joining this site. I really thought this would be a good place to exchange ideas, boy was I wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough said GOOD BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didnt mean to piss in your Cheerios, gramps. I work on cars for a living and have more time under the hood of one already in my 24 years than you probably have in your life time. There is a huge difference between a god damn 60's muscle car and a HHR. It is comparing apples to oranges, mod the **** out of your HHR, try to turn it into a race, I don't give a ****, I'm not saying don't do it. ALL I SAID WAS A HHR SPECIFIC MAG IS SOMETHING I WOULDNT READ AND THAT MODDING ONE TO BE FAST WAS ILLOGICAL TO ME!!! Is that clear enough for you?? There is a local kid here has a Cavalier with an ecotec, all moded to hell with a big turbo, it runs approx. 13.8 at around 100 mph. That is not fast to me nor would I dump that kind of money into a car to be that SLOW. Doing those same mods to an HHR is going to result in even slower times given the weight difference and aerodynamics, that is not fast enough for me.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:32 PM

I agree with you on that. The HHR is not meant for speed.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:51 PM

Definitely not!

Same Ecotec engine - pumping out 1000hp w/turbo. Same 5-speed - (although air-shifted!) - and mid-engine, rear-wheel drive.

All about speed! (And I like to read about it!)
Old 12-20-2005, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
NATE Sorry it was late. Your right. I should of doubled check before posting. LOL
LOL, No prob bob.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Banned

Thanks SoCal! Now I have a good shot of my favorite HHR for my desktop. We'll I guess it's my second favorite, right next to mine.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:13 PM

No Problem Trooper Boy!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by snksknr94
I didnt mean to piss in your Cheerios, gramps. I work on cars for a living and have more time under the hood of one already in my 24 years than you probably have in your life time. There is a huge difference between a god damn 60's muscle car and a HHR. It is comparing apples to oranges, mod the **** out of your HHR, try to turn it into a race, I don't give a ****, I'm not saying don't do it. ALL I SAID WAS A HHR SPECIFIC MAG IS SOMETHING I WOULDNT READ AND THAT MODDING ONE TO BE FAST WAS ILLOGICAL TO ME!!! Is that clear enough for you?? There is a local kid here has a Cavalier with an ecotec, all moded to hell with a big turbo, it runs approx. 13.8 at around 100 mph. That is not fast to me nor would I dump that kind of money into a car to be that SLOW. Doing those same mods to an HHR is going to result in even slower times given the weight difference and aerodynamics, that is not fast enough for me.
Dude, I agree with what you are saying about speed, but you are way off base as far as thinking you have more knowledge or experience then "gramps" or any other motor head who is almost 2 1/2x's your elder...you can rip on me all you want, you are 24, in my life time (and I am 42) I have always given the benefit of the doubt and respect to the originals who have labored to make hot rodding what it is today. Even if you spent 24hrs. a day under the hood since you were 10, you still don't have the knowledge of guys like H2rman. It's great you have so much confidence, but you are a LONG ways away from being self anointed, self appointed, know it all, end all on mechanicin...say what you want....and you will...but this seems to be the attitude of some of the future generation of Hot Rodders....They already know everything....I am happy for you...

Still learning and always respectful to those who made my path possible...
Fenris
Old 12-20-2005, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by fenris222
...but this seems to be the attitude of some of the future generation of Hot Rodders....They already know everything....I am happy for you...
Hey now! I'm not that way! :) There are quite a few of "The future generation of Hot Rodders" That do actually learn from the pioneers of the hobby. Well, We try to anyway.

Quick Reply: HHR Magazine...Would you?